Anybody in Kingston not gotten their tiffin results letter?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
twinmummy

Re: Anybody in Kingston not gotton their tiffin results lett

Post by twinmummy »

Very frustrated :evil: :evil:
The postman just came to our house this morning but no news from Tiffin...
Even went out and asked if he could check again but no luck.
I live in new malden (just within 2miles from Tiffin) and another boy in DS class got the letter yesterday!
Is anybody on the same boat???
What shall I do?? Do I need to wait till Monday?
It's a dreadful experience. :cry:
Smile4

Re: Anybody in Kingston not gotten their tiffin results lett

Post by Smile4 »

Wait until Monday and get in touch with te school. I might give it until Wednesday. It will probably arrive by post before then.
Dotty247

Post by Dotty247 »

Still nothing in today's post from Tiffin boys, the waiting ruined my weekend! I'm now hoping no news means it will be good news, fingers crossed as I have just emailed them.

Congratulations to tiffinboys and others who have recieved good news! Twin mummy, smile4, Pingoo and everyone else still waiting, all the very best :)
twinmummy

Post by twinmummy »

Same here. :x
Just emailed the school.
Maybe I need some sleep till it comes;Is there anything that can make time fly?
Last edited by twinmummy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Thank you Dotty247. Hope you all soon get the good news. Good luck.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
Dotty247

Post by Dotty247 »

224 ... :(

I had always hoped that if the 2 wasn't followed by a 3, then it be a followed by a 0 or 1, so that I don't think 'if only' ... Knowing 223 was good enough a couple of years ago makes it really hard to bear!

I don't think he has any chance, not the way the scores have been rising the last couple of years ago, and especially not with the advantaged second sitting. (Yes, I do think they are at an advantage with the extra 10 weeks, if 10 weeks did not make any difference then why bother with the standardised scoring at all?).

Meh, ignore me, I am feeling bitter and disappointed right now, thank goodness there's a couple of hours before DS gets home, so that I can be positive. He did his best – 224 without a tutor is really good – I can't ask for more. I didn't properly get into the whole Tiffins thing as I was stupidly unaware of it until several months ago (had always thought you had to be gifted or something!), and am now realising there were other options too, such as Sutton Grammar, silly me, we should have gone for that too.

Hope the rest of you get better news :)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Dotty247: I am sure that your DS will shine which ever school he goes to. All the hard work will help and benefit him.

If your DS had not been registered for Sutton grammars, do try for their late tests by putting those on your CAF, if possible. If Tiffins are required to hold late tests, it is possible that other grammars would need to do the same.
Dotty247

Post by Dotty247 »

tiffinboys wrote:Dotty247: I am sure that your DS will shine which ever school he goes to. All the hard work will help and benefit him.

If your DS had not been registered for Sutton grammars, do try for their late tests by putting those on your CAF, if possible. If Tiffins are required to hold late tests, it is possible that other grammars would need to do the same.
Thank you very much, tiffinboys, and for your suggestion regarding Sutton Grammar. I just rang them and they said they will not be holding any late tests, at all. They had a special sitting for those who had applied for the first one, but then could not make it on the day. There will not be anything else. And to be honest, this seems very fair to all those that have already sat the test. Despite my wishing it was otherwise!

Best wishes
twinmummy

Post by twinmummy »

I feel sorry for you Dotty247. Let's just hope that your DS gets in.

I've got the score now. My DS passed with a very good score. I am very proud of him.
Anyway, I should have called before emailing. It's much quicker!!!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Congrats, twinmummy. Well done to your DS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now