Tiffin Girls' Waiting List 2013

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nat47

Tiffin Girls' Waiting List 2013

Post by nat47 »

Please post any relevant information
Snowdaddy

Re: Tiffin Girls' Waiting List 2013

Post by Snowdaddy »

Following from my daughter relating to friend at her school, the friend is about 1% away and has a position on waiting list, apparently 10 girls have already turned it down (presumably gone to Indys instead) and TGS haven't heard from another 7 (I dont know what this bit means as we didn't have to confirm acceptance as it was number 1 on our e-admissions choice so it was presumed we would take up place.)

Wont quote the waiting list position as I dont know enough, not sure if it current position (which could be few days ago), or March 1st position.

Not great info, but maybe if others have some more info that fills in some gaps, might help paint a clearer picture for others.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Snowdaddy wrote:.... apparently 10 girls have already turned it down (presumably gone to Indys instead) and TGS haven't heard from another 7 ...

(I dont know what this bit means as we didn't have to confirm acceptance as it was number 1 on our e-admissions choice so it was presumed we would take up place.)
This is quite good info...

We know about a girl who is in wait list at 49.7x and waiting to hear from TGS. Perhaps atleast she would get the TGS offer, if 10 places are now available.

Also, Snowdaddy is quite correct that this year, offers, if the highest preference, were presumed accepted and parents didn't have to do anything further. So those 7 who have not responded may also be presumed accepted, unless specifically declined.
somum

Post by somum »

My DD has been offered a place at Tiffin Girls. :D
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Great.
It means waiting list has started moving.
somum

Post by somum »

Yes, it looks like it is moving. She actually scored higher than the cut off but I listed Tiffin Girls as her second choice. Apparently you can change this and make your second choice your first choice. Not as complicated as it sounds.

Well she is happy and next time I will listen to my dd and list the schools in the order that she wants. :D
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Absolutely correct. Schools should be listed in order of your actual preferences.

Great news for your DD. Well done.
somum

Post by somum »

tiffinboys wrote:Absolutely correct. Schools should be listed in order of your actual preferences.

Great news for your DD. Well done.
Thanks Tiffinboys. I now have DD2 to focus on now. DD2 has exams this Sept and also wants to go to Tiffin like DD1.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

I've heard from my daughter that her friend who was on the waiting list has moved up a bit. So the list is moving, I hope for her friends sake that she gets in, (ideally hears before the induction day), the sooner the better.

Don't have any numbers of what latest cut-off is, I'm guessing it is about 49.3 now
bigcat

Post by bigcat »

Just heard from Tiffin today, DD2 got a place!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now