Speed issues.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Roz12

Speed issues.

Post by Roz12 »

Hi all,

Im extremely anxious about by daughter not being able to complete papers in time. She often leave s out 25 plus questions!!

I'm not very hopeful she will pass the grammar schools but still want to improve her speed for the future what should I do?

Many Thanks
tiffinboys

Re: Speed issues.

Post by tiffinboys »

Look at the motivational aspects. Is Grammar school the right choice for her?
Does she want to go to grammar school?

If children know the right techniques, then they would be able to attempt at least 90% of the paper in time. Don't show anger or frustration. Have patience and give time to learn techniques before giving hard practice papers or tests.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roz12

Post by Roz12 »

Thanks everyone

I have decided grammar isnt for her I've come to the reality but still want to improve her speed an tips are very useful.
One_Shot

Post by One_Shot »

The first thing to understand would be if the real issue is speed or concepts. If concepts is the issue then working on those would be the obvious next step. I would imagine this can be checked under un-timed conditions to see how long it takes to complete the questions. If it turns out that most questions can be done but just takes additional time, then possible issue could be over cautiousness and spending too long making sure that the answer is 100% right which can then be coached to improve upon.

good luck!