Clarification please..tad stressed!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nadkha

Clarification please..tad stressed!

Post by nadkha »

Hi

We are in the process of moving to Sutton so that we will be in the catchment area. I met a parent yesterday who told me I must have been in the area 3-4 months prior to the exams and show proof of child tax credits and child benefit being paid to the Sutton address.

I am tad stressed out now as we wont clear that time period before we move in and hence my DD wont be in the catchment area in time.

Can someone please clarify? I am looking at wallington girls and non such
hermanmunster

Re: Clarification please..tad stressed!

Post by hermanmunster »

Looks to me like it is the address at the date of the application via the Pan London form (? October)... this is the info from the Wallington site :
The address to be used for the initial allocation of places to Year 7 will be the child’s address at the
closing date for applications within the Pan-London Co-ordinated Secondary Admissions Scheme.
Changes of address up to a date in December determined by the Pan-London Co-ordinated
Secondary Admissions Scheme may be considered if there are exceptional reasons behind the
change, such as if a family has just moved to the area, or has returned from abroad. The address to
be used for waiting lists, after the initial allocation, will be the child’s current address. Any offer is
conditional upon the child living at the appropriate address on the relevant date. Parents have a
responsibility to notify their Home Local Authority of any change of address.
Am sure someone will have even more idea than me (more evidence the better)!!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Normally, it is 31 October or whatever is the last date for CAF submission. However, check with LA. Some LAs also allow late change of address upto mid December, if some one has relocated.

In OP's case, relocation is by 31 October, there should be no problem.