result from Wallington high school for girls.. but

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sys4cad

Re: result from Wallington high school for girls.. but

Post by sys4cad »

tiffinboys wrote: parents would be able to make much better informed choices and would not make unreasonable choices on CAF.
totally agree.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Pleased to say that my dd passed.My eldest is already at the school but I cannot remember how or when we found out just how many girls had passed the test but I do remember that we had that information.Can anyone help?
Well done to all the girls
sys4cad

Post by sys4cad »

whathappened wrote: but I do remember that we had that information.

I think Wallington high school for girls provided marks in the past, but they stopped it recently.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

sys4cad wrote:
whathappened wrote: but I do remember that we had that information.

I think Wallington high school for girls provided marks in the past, but they stopped it recently.
Two years ago the Admissions code was changed and now schools have to give indication of eligibility prior to submitting the CAF. Hence the results before CAF submission. Prior to this change many of the tests were held in Nov or early Dec.

Might be some confusion as schools used to give the results but only on 1st March when initial allocation announced. So those that remember getting marks might be mixing up March info with the new pass/fail indication that comes out before CAF submission (which didn't use to exist)

Actual mark is not very useful, rank is more useful, but for those about 200th or 300th or whatever, you are still guessing how many others ranked above will not put another school higher on CAF. Many will sit tests at 2 or more schools but can only attend one, and although no two tests are the same, the very top students are likely to be near the top for every school that they sat the test
modernista

Post by modernista »

My DD gave the test for 2013 entry. We got her test scores but dont know the maximum score so it was entirely pointless!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

modernista wrote:My DD gave the test for 2013 entry. We got her test scores but dont know the maximum score so it was entirely pointless!
Did the school give you her actual score rather than a pass or fail? And did they tell you her ranking?
modernista

Post by modernista »

I recently found a letter giving her test score while going through old papers. it was possible that there was a letter before that just said she had passed. I would really be interested to know the total marks!
sys4cad

Post by sys4cad »

modernista wrote:My DD gave the test for 2013 entry. We got her test scores but dont know the maximum score so it was entirely pointless!
Was it raw mark or standardization one?

If it was standardization one then we can imagine the rough position of DD at least.
whathappened

Post by whathappened »

Hi, I never received a score for my dd that is now at the school but I was interested in how many took the test and how many passed. Thanks
modernista

Post by modernista »

It seems like a standardised score but I can not be sure! There are a lot of posts in this forum that discuss this topic in detail but I could not find any information about what the max score is. Her 'test score' was 425.