Tiffin Girls test results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin Girls test results

Post by tiffinboys »

If there is an outstanding school in your area near, that could be most preferable.
nvasu

Post by nvasu »

we are considering relocation
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Wish you all the best in the considerations for relocation and actual relocation. CAF is due in 2 days.
imr

Post by imr »

Dear Forum Members

I have developed a lot of respect for the knowledge and understanding of the process that people on this forum have and wanted to seek your inputs to the following dilemma we are facing:

My DG is in HBS Top 250. We are also IC for TGS and she has a score of 237 in Stage 1. She is very keen on HBS so we have put this as Option 1 in the CAF. However TGS is my personal favourite and comes a close 2nd for my DG as well.

We were very surprised by her Stage 1 score specially her VR score since she scored 140 in VR in both Nonsuch and Slough Consortium and she felt she did very well in the TGS VR paper as well - but has got a raw score of 70 and a standardised score of 118. We are therefore wondering whether we should get her paper re-marked. The problem is that she has qualified so we are not sure whether its necessary.

But since the marks will count for her overall assessment and might make a difference to whether she finally makes it to TGS, we are wondering what we should do.

We were also wondering whether we could ask for re-marking the Stage 1 test post final result in March - if she does not get either HBS or TGS.

Any recommendations / suggestions would be most welcome?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I think it would be better to e-mail TGS about your concern and see how things go from there. Looking at other results, more likely that you would not need to appeal for place in TGS. Hopefully, your DD will get the place outright anyway.

237 is a good score. Last year, TGS had discarded standardized scores after stage 1. Combined marks were calculated on raw score basis. If they follow same method, raw scores of VR/NVR together will be scaled to 30% weight-age.

More important now is the scores in stage 2 test. Good luck with your preparation for that.

Score of 140 in Nonsuch/Slough and top 250 place in HBS is amazing. Well done to your DD.
imr

Post by imr »

Thank you tiffinboys
imr

Post by imr »

Hi - has anyone received the letter providing details for the second round test?
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

We haven't received any information yet. I'm assuming it won't be until the end of the week before they send letters out.
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

I think TGS will send out the Stage 2 letter on Friday! :D

Good luck to all DDs sitting the tests.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now