2014 Waiting Thread...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Golgo13

Re: 2014 Waiting Thread...

Post by Golgo13 »

After investing quite a bit of effort, stress, time etc into a bunch of exams, I think it's natural to want a bit of feedback.

I really wanted to know how my son did in the 4 tests he took for last years entry, I wanted scores, rankings, to see the papers, go through the questions etc etc.

But after a few weeks that kind of went away.
Hedwig

Post by Hedwig »

It just goes to show that we are all different as the last thing in the universe I would like to see are exam papers and to go throught questions. Pointless either way IMO as you've either got a place or not - the rest is history.

Also, for anyone placing Kent and Bromley superselectives on the form, the likelihood of a place is already predictable based on the scores or indication letter as they've been issued. It's also possible to predict likelihood of a place at the Sutton schools based on exams completed (assuming a broadly similar performance on the day for each school - which is probably assuming a great deal for the average 11 yo).

I'm trying to be sanguine about the whole thing - this was all decided months ago anyway.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Thanks. I was starting to feel really bad. Essentially it is only to get an idea as to how it all went. And because I know that some kids will always want bragging rights - ds is a small summer born, so it will help him if he know he could have got into one of the other schools say, but that he still got his highest choice. I guess we've just come through the independent school rounds, so many of the children in his class have had their multiple offers.

[I am afraid that at this stage I really don't want to see the papers though!]

Did log on hopefully in case we got results early, but it doesn't look as if that will be the case...
Golgo13

Post by Golgo13 »

Yeah. I get it that for some people there's no point in finding out how their child did in exams that have become moot, and after a week or two my curiosity abated. It wasn't so much "bragging rights" - and as a side note, exam score bragging rights at Tiffin last about 5 minutes. NVR isn't on the syllabus, and any bragging rights will be derived from performance in the activities and subjects they are actually doing. For the record, our son got precisely 231, which was the cut-off score on offers day for his first choice Tiffin.

The reason I wanted to know how he did was just because the whole process was a 12 month crescendo of preparing for each exam, and there were one or two he came out of convinced he'd nailed, and although it was second or third choice school, and therefore irrelevant, I thought it was still worth a pat on the back. It just seemed weird not to get a score from Sutton, or a ranking. I think he would've got a boost from a positive outcome, and would've shrugged it off it the result was not so good.

But as I said, after a couple of weeks, the focus shifted, and the itch went away.

Having said that, if Sutton, Wallington & Wilsons made the information available even now, I would take a look.
Sobey

Post by Sobey »

Hi Golgo 13 my DS had 230 so if and hoping your Ds makes it fir tiffin boys I suppose my DS may be postiton 1/2 on waiting list. Le us know if he makes it.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Golgo13's DS made it to Tiffins (2013 entry). Sobey, you are now looking for 2014 entry.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

Results are NOW available on eAdmissions web site!
Good luck to all
Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
qwatche

Post by qwatche »

We got Nonsuch but my daughter is very disappointed as she wanted Wallington. I am still over the moon and very happy. :lol:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Nonsuch is a very good school. Your DD would not be disappointed. Congratulations.
Hedwig

Post by Hedwig »

SVE - were you applying this year? Can we assume you got what you hoped for?

qwatche - your daughter has done incredibly well to get such a hard won place. It is a shame that she is momentarily disappointed. I am a firm believer that most of the time the right school finds the right child and vice versa - I am sure she will thrive at Nonsuch.

For anyone who is disappointed please don't feel that this is the end of the line. Persevere whilst waiting lists start to move - there will be a place at the right school for your child and it doesn't have to be a grammar school either.

I am thrilled for my son - he has a place at his first choice. He has characteristically taken it in his stride :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now