Tiffin Boys cut off mark 2014

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Re: Tiffin Boys cut off mark 2014

Post by tiffinboys »

Cut off mark usually drops by 2 points by July. However, there was a change in allocation method. For last score, distance comes into play now. Previously all at same score were admitted. So there may be some on waiting list at 233, if that is the cut-off mark.

Still waiting for update from the Tiffin School. Expected any time now.
minicab

Post by minicab »

From what I have seen on the forum, there were 146 places allocated with a cut off mark of 233. Assuming that that is correct, the next lot will be the 232s taken in order of distance from the school in which case my DS would have an advantage as we live less than 200 yards from Tiffin Boys School.
However, if the cut off mark is 234 and now there are the "233s" to be allocated for the last 4 places available, then it could be long wait for the 233s, 232s and the rest.
Anybody with any late update of the situation?
sgsgirl

Post by sgsgirl »

Wishing you luck minicab, hope you get a place from the waiting list. We live close to TGS and TS but my DD got offered her second choice, Wallington which is also great but a bit of a commute. Hope everything works out. Good luck.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

The cut-off for TS is 233. There may be few candidates scoring 233 on the wait list. Then the 232s will get place on distance basis, if there are vacancies. And there are usually, 20-29 vacancies if you go by previous history. So I would say minicab, that your DS is in a very strong position to join his elder brother. Wait list will not move until end of March or till Easter break. Good Luck and relax.
nyr

Post by nyr »

Could someone remind me, how many boys took the Tiffin Exam in October 2013?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

Initally the extra offers often come in batches, a few will reject and go to independants, the school will then make extra offers, the admissions officers tend to be very busy so timings of when they process are a bit hit and miss.

An oddity that sometimes happens is that as well as waiting list being worked through, sometimes get extras added. Eg if someone had the school 2nd, was offered first choice, but now wants TS instead, they can be added to waiting list, clearly if they had >234 score, will be above someone with 233 etc. On other hand their rejecting a move elsewhere often results in a chain reaction which might free up another place
minicab

Post by minicab »

Could not find anything on Tiffin website about the cut off mark. Is it definitely 233? How can we find out if there are any other 233's on the wait list?
You do understand that everybody in the household now are a bit itchy and stressed out and another disappointment would not help.
Something else: would the distance rule apply for the wait list? I know that it applies on the last offered places, but what about the wait list? I assume that we are quit a few with 232 waiting for some kind of confirmation.
Could anybody help?
Thank you.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Could not find anything on Tiffin website about the cut off mark. Is it definitely 233?

See towards the bottom of the year 7 admission page.
mamma dadda

Post by mamma dadda »

Hi, Its updated on Tiffin School website.

http://www.tiffinschool.co.uk/_docs/adm ... er2014.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now