TGS - 2014 Allocations/Wait lists

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Peridot

Re: TGS - 2014 Allocations/Wait lists

Post by Peridot »

One of my year 7 DD's friends at TGS was offered her place in May half-term last year. I'm afraid I don't know her exact score though. The waiting list operates right through until the end of the academic year; in fact a new girl joined my DD's form from the waiting list this term as another child relocated back to her home country. I think hers was the third relocation this academic year - so three waiting list places offered!
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

rose1505 wrote:My dd got her result today but missed out on a place at Tiffin Girls School. Her combined Mark is 53.50 and the 150th place offered was 53.93. Could anyone please advise what her chances are on the waiting list.

Also does anyone know what last years cut off combined mark.

How do we find out where our dd is on the waiting list? Will the school tell us if we call them?
You stand a very good chance, just 0.43 short. It was thought (but never published), the list moved about 1.2 points last year.

You might not get any sensible waiting list info for a couple of weeks until initial acceptances/rejections are in. The school has to await some info as these go via the home Borough admissions, and Kingston admissions, to the school, so it might not be able to tell you a ranking yet. My (wild) guess is 0.43 will lead to an offer in about 6-9 weeks time
whythis11plus

Post by whythis11plus »

This year the chances of getting places from waiting list may also depends on the noof girls wo got above 53.93 but from ooc. Those girls even though they got very good score they could not chose TGS a their first choice due to ooc.
optimistic

Post by optimistic »

My DD has scored combined score of 79.13 out of 100. Though she has scored good score, she got into first choice school which is not TGS. :D
whythis11plus

Post by whythis11plus »

Congrats Optimistic. Its really a great score.
Which school was your first choice?
My DD is writing the exam this year for Tiffins. I request you suggest me what material should I use for the practicing.

Thanks and Regards
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

whythis11plus wrote:This year the chances of getting places from waiting list may also depends on the noof girls wo got above 53.93 but from ooc. Those girls even though they got very good score they could not chose TGS a their first choice due to ooc.
:?:
There's nothing to stop anyone putting any school they like as their first choice on their CAF - whether or not they are offered a place depends on the admissions criteria of the school concerned.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Any news about TGS wait list?
KingstonDad

Post by KingstonDad »

Hi All, I have just received a mail from Kingston Council saying my DD has been offered a place at TGS.
We are accepting TGS offer and declining the initial offer from Nonsuch. Good luck to all who are still waiting to hear from the Schools/Councils.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Congratulations to your DD, KingstonDad.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Well done to your DD, Kingstondad
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now