Tiffin Girls Admissions Consultation 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Tiffin Girls Admissions Consultation 2016

Post by ToadMum »

On quick scan, Raynes Park High was All Offered, some others give last distance in but several say 'contact Academy for details of how places were allocated'.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

Peridot wrote:You beat me to it, TiffinGirls! Thanks for posting. From a brief glance at the document it looks to me like a positive development: expanding PAN to 180, principally to accommodate 30 girls in a new inner catchment area, prioritising FSM children. Correct me if I have missed anything crucial.
There is a new rumour going around that an additional 30 places to take it upto 210 per year might happen (in 2017 ?) Sounds like something to do with the new building for the expansion works out cheaper per classroom if you build extra 7 classrooms in addition to ones planned.

Nothing formal yet, and still no planning application made, but the 180 starters in 2016 replace a year with only 120 so they will run out of space and can't keep squeezing people into former IT rooms. Parents of 2016 starters should start asking about the proposed extra classrooms.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Porta cabins on the front grass may be a solution. School functioned fully in the aftermath of fire some years ago.