SGSPTA Sutton G Mock Exams - new session

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

buttonpusher2013

Re: SGSPTA Sutton G Mock Exams - new session

Post by buttonpusher2013 »

Now all sold out!
SleepyHead

Post by SleepyHead »

Does anyone know how many questions there are in the maths paper and english papers?
buttonpusher2013

Post by buttonpusher2013 »

Frayed knot! I'd love to know too.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Any of your DC sat today's (Sunday) mock at 2pm?

What did your DC think of it?
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
grtmum

Post by grtmum »

Hi All,

My DS wrote the exam on Sunday 18th May. Accroding to him, the pattern is as follows:
1. Maths: Standard format: 19 Questions, 35 Mts. Hard he said, but not very hard.
2. English: Standard and MC format: 75 questions, 45 Mts: Comprehension, Fill up the blanks (like Cloze tests),Synonyms, Punctuation and Grammar. He said it is medium hard.

I am not sure it is going to be the same paper for all the other mocks at sutton, else I can tell you some questions. He said he did ok, but we never know until we see his marks. :-(

Thanks,
grtmum.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Best not to mention questions. I'm interested that your DC said it was MC and standard format because the Sutton Mock website states MC only; it's why I thought it would be a good test for my DC to have experience of. Are you sure it was also standard format?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The maths is standard format which I was surprised at. Are they really going to hand mark 2.5 thousand papers? Please don't give away all the detail and especially not the questions. What is the point of doing a mock if you already know all the details? It is supposed to be a dry run of the real thing. The point is not to read questions on the forum and go in and get them right! DG
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Agreed daogroupie - last year it was the fact that my DD had no idea what was going to come up in the Sutton mock test that made it so valuable. She was just thrown in at the deep end and had to get on with it. It doesn't really matter what the content is - it's the experience of doing a test in timed conditions, in a large hall with lots of other children. Grtmum and others - please don't post any more details; knowing what's in the test is counterproductive for others!
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Yes, sorry, I meant the English was supposed to be only m/c format. I suppose filling in words, cloze style, is standard format.

Definitely don't post the questions, or else the results have no value whatsoever.
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
redstar

Post by redstar »

The English mock is all M/C ie the questions are one one sheet, and the answer sheet is a separate fill-the-boxes A B C D E type.