Tiffin Boys and Wilson's test dates 2014...to sit or not to

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
parent2013

Re: Tiffin Boys and Wilson's test dates 2014...to sit or not

Post by parent2013 »

MSC wrote:I have no problem with my DS taking both exams TB. So far he seems to show good level of progress. My issue is the timing, Wilsons test will be the day before Tiffin's; I don't really want him to be tired for the more important (to us) Tiffin's test.
Last year Tiffin was one day before Wilson. Make a call which one you want to get your child into and skip the other one (assuming you have the back up plans just in case...).
MSC

Post by MSC »

Tiffin it is Parent2013! :-)

Funny, it is as if they are doing it purposely!
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

@ MSC
I suspect they are
Nims

Post by Nims »

Last year we requested Tiffin Boys to change date as our DS couldn't appear due to some work that day and they gave him alternate date after a week. You can try that as well.
MSC

Post by MSC »

Nims wrote:Last year we requested Tiffin Boys to change date as our DS couldn't appear due to some work that day and they gave him alternate date after a week. You can try that as well.
Good tip Nims, will consider that!

Anyone else facing the same dilemma as me?
"The only one rehab centre that I long to be in, is the 11+ Rehab Centre" a quote by MSC :-)
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J50

Post by J50 »

MSC wrote:
Nims wrote:Last year we requested Tiffin Boys to change date as our DS couldn't appear due to some work that day and they gave him alternate date after a week. You can try that as well.
Good tip Nims, will consider that!

Anyone else facing the same dilemma as me?

Had thought of doing the Wilsons as a bit of practice but with it being the day before won't bother - Wilsons too far from us in Esher so wouldn't be trying to gain entry. Though I think he would be ok having them on consecutive days, if he can focus for 6 hours in an 80 over cricket match I'm sure he could manage a couple of exams within 24 hours of each other.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Though I think he would be ok having them on consecutive days, if he can focus for 6 hours in an 80 over cricket match I'm sure he could manage a couple of exams within 24 hours of each other.

Thank goodness mine does not have to do exams on consecutive days then. He tends to sit down and play with ants during long matches...particularly worrying when he is the wickie! :lol:
J50

Post by J50 »

southbucks3 wrote:
Though I think he would be ok having them on consecutive days, if he can focus for 6 hours in an 80 over cricket match I'm sure he could manage a couple of exams within 24 hours of each other.

Thank goodness mine does not have to do exams on consecutive days then. He tends to sit down and play with ants during long matches...particularly worrying when he is the wickie! :lol:
He'll learn when he gets hit by the hard ball if not focusing on the game. I would just take someone off if they started doing that in our club games.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Harsh!
You would have to get rid of about four of them then, trouble is we only have about twelve players from years 5 and 6 (under 11s) They have won the last three matches though and ds regularly catches and stumps people out. :D
When they discovered a ground wasp nest on one pitch, they all wanted to field next to it, the excitement of the wasp nest outweighed any fear of getting stung or whalloped by the hard ball.
Us villagers take our sport very seriously :wink:

Anyway, sorry...off topic, but for what its worth I would worry about them confusing themselves with different test layouts on consecutive days, more than tiredness or focus.