Which age books should I buy in Bonds?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rabbie burns

Re: Which age books should I buy in Bonds?

Post by rabbie burns »

Thanks that's an interesting insight into another part of the country, especially the bit about over coaching and extreme practices. Imagination running wild working out what that means. Does sound like you have to be well prepared and approaching it like we did here probably would not have worked. My son hated NVR and is very good at maths so not a good combination.
J50

Re: Which age books should I buy in Bonds?

Post by J50 »

rabbie burns wrote:Not sure if I should be impressed or sceptical. Also not sure if the standard expected by the king Edwards schools in Birmingham can be that much lower. After all their a level results etc seem pretty good. The children going grammar here tend to leave primary with high level 5s and 6. What do your children achieve? Could you be talking your schools up and scaring other people? Obviously I don't know but good luck to you all. Oh by the way the real up north in Britain does not have grammar schools so life is much simpler.
Up North = north of Watford, you should know that... :lol:

I don't think A Level results probably do correlate with the high levels you need to achieve for 11+. It's similar to those I know at Prep schools looking for scholarships to Eton or KCW - the level they have to reach at age 12ish is almost A Level standard which is ridiculous imho. They will all merge to their achievable level in 5 or 7 years time respectively! I would expect most people getting into Grammar round here to be 6, I think we're approaching that now.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now