TGS catchment question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
berks_mum

TGS catchment question

Post by berks_mum »

By what date does a dc need to be in TGS catchment area - before CAF deadline ? If a DC moves in catchment after stage1 but before 2 will the DC be considered as OOC ?

Sorry it is a tricky situation as we will have to move for work reasons.
tiffinboys

Re: TGS catchment question

Post by tiffinboys »

Authentic reply will come from the school itself or Kingston LA.

Normally, you have to move before 31 Oct and your new address should appear in your CAF. But I understand that LA may allow change of address upto mid December in exceptional cases, more details could be discussed with Kingston LA.

Why do you want to wait till stage 1 results are out? If you have to move, move early.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

As tiffinboys has stated, ideally before the CAF is submitted on 31 Oct

Look at the Secondary schools admissions brochure on the Kingston Council website (I think it might still be this years, but will change to 2015 any day now, Richmond have already changed to 2015 on their website and the schools team for the two boroughs now work as a combined team for both). There will be some info on in year moves, but phone the admissions team to get exact info, they can change the address for you for a few weeks after 31 Oct providing you produce the evidence.

After a certain date you can still change address but go on the waiting list on announcement day, not a problem if you are above the cut-off mark as spaces always become available (some people apply to private schools in parallel and can't accept both offers) and the places are filled highest score in catchment first, then next highest etc
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

Thanks tiffinboys and snowydaddy. I will contact the school and LEA.

tiffinboys, no I am not planning to wait for stage1 results. OH is in the midst of accepting transfer/new position and would prefer to move nearer to work place, however, we need some time to sort out housing and other commitments.

Fortunately the online application is still open. Will post the hardcopy this afternoon.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now