Selective Eligibility Done!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
nadkha

Re: Selective Eligibility Done!

Post by nadkha »

Hi

DD found the maths easy and the english very hard. She sat the exams at Wally girls.

She said the format of the english exam was different to what she had practised.
dingding

Post by dingding »

Hi everyone :D

My DS sat at wally boys this morning. The organisation of the test by the school was second to none. We arrived about 40 mins early, lucky for their was no issue with parking.

There was a long queue of parents and children waiting outside the school calmly before the test.
A lovely lady checked with parents to ensure that we were at the correct entrance, and a had a nice smile and kind words for the children.

The test; my DS found the English straightforward and the maths more challenging.
Finished by 11:30 am, then home for an afternoon of Minecraft for DS and a lie down for his poor worn mother!!! :roll:
Darbs

Post by Darbs »

Hi all

My DS came out very confident (he sat it at Wilsons) but not sure if he just thinks he has answered correctly - he found Maths quite easy, none of the harder stuff he knew came up (maybe that will be stage 2 if he gets through) and English ok - he did mention some specifics but not sure if I can say on here as seen many have had comments deleted but he said it was easier than his practice tests.

Now to wait - does anyone have any recommendations for best practice papers for stage 2? Will give him a few days off but they don't give much time do they from letting parents know the outcome and the Wilson's stage 2 test - bit longer for Wallington boys.
dumbdad

Post by dumbdad »

We were at Greenshaw School for Sutton Grammar. Bit of a queue, few coppers milling round. No trouble. Everyone well behaved. And it was relatively stress-free. Well done school.

DS reported English "easy", maths "harder". English comment worried me. Packed him off to swimming and NVR/VR. No rest.
panicattack

Post by panicattack »

Obviously can't make any comments on content as those unwell will be taking the same test at a future date. DS found the English hard and maths ok.

While of course it's all guesswork, what do people think will be the average percentage lowest passmark? Will they pass more children with the slightly expanded schools?
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted by user.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
panicattack

Post by panicattack »

Thanks Ladymuck - the waiting for results is tough!

How did others find the papers in general terms? No spoilers as to content!
kateJ

Post by kateJ »

Ladymuck wrote:I suspect that the pass mark will be set so that around a third pass.

In terms of second round, this will vary by school for English. For maths then I would look at the Manchester Grammar papers. I would also look at data, probability, geometry and algebra. For WCGS then have a look at Alleyns English papers (be prepared for at least one longer comprehension answer eg 3 X 5 mark and 1 X 10 mark answers). Wilson's seem to favour longer written pieces.

All guesswork of course.
Thanks Ladymuck. And thanks again for your advice before the SET re doing L6 Spag papers. I think you were probably spot on. :D
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Darbs

Post by Darbs »

i think we're going to crack on again from this weekend. We were late starters, Ds only did 5 sessions with a group tutor and some work at home, so we don't have much time if we leave it until 26th to start again, especially as the Wilsons stage 2 is on 6th - Wally boys bit longer (11th) but not a great deal of time.