Last one (for us) - Sutton Grammar! 15th Nov.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
agathachristie

Re: Last one (for us) - Sutton Grammar! 15th Nov.

Post by agathachristie »

"You will receive an email from us after our Admissions Committee meeting has been held to determine the number of offers that are to be made. This meeting is usually held mid- to end-December.
The emails sent to parents will confirm whether candidates have met the required standard or not. Candidates who meet the required standard will not be given their marks.
Candidates who do not meet the required standard will be given this information.

Please note that, due to over-subscription, meeting the required standard does not guarantee the offer of a place at Sutton Grammar School."

Not quite sure what the point is as CAF forms would have been submitted by then... Or am I missing something?.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Going through the motions or just a useful bit of info for candidates for indies.
YoungSuccess

Post by YoungSuccess »

Everyone got the email?!

"Dear ....

Child's name - Date of Birth

Sutton Grammar School Second Stage Entrance Test – Saturday 15 November 2014

As you know, we will be sending you an email on 6 November giving all the information you will need for the second stage entrance examination being held at Sutton Grammar School on Saturday 15 November. We look forward to seeing ..... on that day.

If you are not naming Sutton Grammar School on your Common Application Form and are not, therefore, intending to send ...... to our second stage test please can you let me know by emailing me at admissions-sgs@suttonlea.org and I will withdraw him on your behalf.

Kind regards

Mrs Lesley Williams
Registrar
Sutton Grammar School
Tel: 0208 642 3821 "

:D
Catlady

Post by Catlady »

Yes Thanks Young Success - got it twice by accident,(no I didn't) oops just as post below stated mailmerge causing birthdate to revert to american style
:)
Last edited by Catlady on Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YoungSuccess

Post by YoungSuccess »

"Dear ....

I refer to my earlier email today asking that you let me know if you are not intending to send .... to our second stage test on 15 November.

Please accept my apologies, as his date of birth may have been transposed into US format in that email. Please be assured that we have his date of birth correctly recorded on our records. This was an error in the mail merge that I created.

Kind regards
Mrs Lesley Williams
Registrar
Sutton Grammar School
(Tel: 0208 642 3821"

:lol:
htm123

Post by htm123 »

No date of birth in our email. :?
princeston

Post by princeston »

Same here. 2 emails. For a moment I thought second email was to reconfirm whether we really want to attend the exam
Darbs

Post by Darbs »

I just replied to my email today as we don't intend to sit Sutton grammar. It's that bit further and I think my son has had enough of tests now plus I didn't like the fact they do that after the CAF is submitted
ShrimpStation

Post by ShrimpStation »

@htm123 No date of birth on our email either. Perhaps after the mistakes, later batches were just sent without one on it.
htm123

Post by htm123 »

Agree with Darbs about CAF & 15th Nov date...a long wait for my DS too so he's a bit fed up now, but still wanting to take the test. DS's friend in a even longer wait for KGS December tests and interview. Poor children!