2 March Waiting Thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
flumper

Re: 2 March Waiting Thread

Post by flumper »

I think we want some certainty now, after months of uncertainty. Both Wally girls and Nonsuch are great schools so we do feel very lucky. My husband is actually pleased to get offer ar Nonsuch and so is DD in the end. I hope you get the place you want, Demitasse; it has been a long old journey!!
demitasse

Post by demitasse »

It has been agonising at times - I know what you mean about certainty. Good luck to you and your DD. We might see you in September!
newdud

Post by newdud »

My DS got a first choice of Wilson's :) .
It has been a very long journey (over 3 years now ! ) as I am sure it has been for everyone else.

There have been a lot of useful posts in this forum, lets of hope some us hang a round and provide some useful info for the next years cohort :wink: .
clanger

Post by clanger »

DD got first choice TGS. Very thrilled.
Osasco

Post by Osasco »

My DD got offered Tiffin Girls. She is though upset we are accepting TGS offer as she also did extremely well in LEH tests and got offered a place and she seem to prefer LEH (she is currently in Indie). Finance is the bottom line for us
Freesia

Post by Freesia »

Osasco - We were in similar position 2 years ago - turned down LEH with scholarship in favour of TGS. DD pretty upset at first as she really loved the LEH grounds and sports offering, and so did I - I have to admit - but she has never looked back since and has loved TGS from Day 1. No regrets whatsoever.
Nara

Post by Nara »

Letter arrived but there is no information on the scores and position on the waiting list (for both Wallington or Nonsuch)...it states that the information will be available after 16 march...oh that is so hard to wait....Still hope that the waiting lists for Wallington Girls and Nonsuch may move...
demitasse

Post by demitasse »

Nara, I emailed Wallington yesterday about the waiting list - they said they would be sending out letters by email today with more information. If you look at their web site there is a new link to information for Year 6 parents, which lists what information they will give, to whom and when.

If my understanding of it is right, if your daughter passed but you were given a lower preference offer, you will be sent an email with her score and the lowest scores at which offers were made under each criteria. I think positions on the waiting list will only be available after 16th, but the score should give some sort of indication.

Good luck!
Osasco

Post by Osasco »

Freesia wrote:Osasco - We were in similar position 2 years ago - turned down LEH with scholarship in favour of TGS. DD pretty upset at first as she really loved the LEH grounds and sports offering, and so did I - I have to admit - but she has never looked back since and has loved TGS from Day 1. No regrets whatsoever.

Thanks Freesia,

My dear DD has relaxed after learning that two of her friends at school also got and accepted TGS. My wife and I have always been impressed with LEH but our inner desire and prayer was for our DD to get into Tiffin girls as they are virtually at par with LEH if you research into their academic records over the last few years. I know she will cherish every bit of her life at TGS and we are very grateful to God for the wonderful opportunity
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

Osasco wrote:
Freesia wrote:Osasco - We were in similar position 2 years ago - turned down LEH with scholarship in favour of TGS. DD pretty upset at first as she really loved the LEH grounds and sports offering, and so did I - I have to admit - but she has never looked back since and has loved TGS from Day 1. No regrets whatsoever.

Thanks Freesia,

My dear DD has relaxed after learning that two of her friends at school also got and accepted TGS. My wife and I have always been impressed with LEH but our inner desire and prayer was for our DD to get into Tiffin girls as they are virtually at par with LEH if you research into their academic records over the last few years. I know she will cherish every bit of her life at TGS and we are very grateful to God for the wonderful opportunity
We had a similar thing 2 years ago, offer from LEH and TGS, but turned down LEH, even though the grounds were better, ours came down to 2 buses to LEH or a walk to TGS. Easier travel won the day, no regrets.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now