2 March Waiting Thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Re: 2 March Waiting Thread

Post by tiffinboys »

Btw, primary schools know the allocations about a week in advance so that they can check for errors or omissions. Any head or senior teacher won't disclose any thing. The list is confidential until offers are issued by the LA.
Sillyparent

Post by Sillyparent »

pushydaddy wrote:
hina wrote:from last year's experience, the email never came but i did get text message about 10pm. But results were available on website by 5pm, primary schools find out the results a day before, so if you know the teachers well they will be able to tell you :-)

Hi Hina

This year, the offer day is on a Monday, so would the primary school know on the Friday or the Sunday? If so should I pop by the heads office mid morning on the 2nd and see if he has anything to say?

DD is waiting on results from TGS and LEH (which we don't really want to afford) and a grammar school in Kent which will mean relocating! which all seems a lot to leave on the balance of poor DDs exam results. Really not sure how we got into this mess :?

Only three and a half weeks to go...
I think you can ask the head on the 2nd as we have nothing to lose.Besides you will be getting the results on the same day.Good luck
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

On 2nd, Heads will answer with a blank face. Even on 3rd, most heads would plead lack of knowledge.
pushydaddy

Post by pushydaddy »

You know what, by the afternoon of the 2nd, I may as well wait a few more hours until the official notifications. Although it might be fun to try and goad the Head into making a slip.

I think I'll take DD to the cinema in the afternoon with no phones, and just try and forget about it. I should probably stop reading this website as it is only making me fret about the result...
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I think I'll take DD to the cinema in the afternoon with no phones, and just try and forget about it. I should probably stop reading this website as it is only making me fret about the result...
A very good plan :D
hina

Post by hina »

Think it all depends on Head's, in my case she was over the moon to tell me about it, hope your DD primary headteacher is the same.... no blank face or acting clueless, but then again things might be different elsewhere.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Well, seems like you have an enthusiastic and involved head, even though it is probably wrong to disclose allocations before the LA announcement. Ours head and dy head had blank faces even day after the allocation was announced. Didn't congratulate the children who got in grammars (understandably, as many didn't get grammar places), no acknowledgement of any sort, acted as if nothing happened. Should have seen them after SATs, beaming with joy and taking all the credit for good SAT results. :lol: :lol:
hina

Post by hina »

Yes our primary school did make an effort with stickers etc. It's in the school's interest to encourage kids for 11+, don't know why they hide away from it.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

I don't think schools are supposed to disclose anything to parents about schools allocation before national offers day, and I really don't think parents should think even for a second about putting teachers or heads in a difficult position by asking them. I would be very concerned about any teachers breaking this rule - not professional! Certainly we did not know which school our daughter had been allocated before 2nd March even though her year 6 teacher was a personal friend. And I wouldn't have dreamed of asking. We did have huge congratulations from them once everyone knew which schools they'd got - privately of course though; not in front of those who didn't get their first choice.

I can still remember the thoughtless mother from a few years ago who came running into the playground exclaiming loudly how marvellous her offspring was to have got her grammar place, trailing congratulations balloons and flowers behind her - when there were other children there receiving news they didn't want. At least thank goodness with the results coming out at 5pm, after the children have got home from school, this shouldn't happen any more.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Peridot wrote: I can still remember the thoughtless mother from a few years ago who came running into the playground exclaiming loudly how marvellous her offspring was to have got her grammar place, trailing congratulations balloons and flowers behind her - when there were other children there receiving news they didn't want.
Appallingly crass behaviour by that mother, but hilarious to read about at arm's length! :lol:
Peridot wrote:At least thank goodness with the results coming out at 5pm, after the children have got home from school, this shouldn't happen any more.
Now, I finally understand why we won't get the results until the evening; it makes perfect sense and it may be interpreted as protective rather than sadistic. Thank you.

(And there we were thinking that publication was timed to happen just before the last person in the local authority switched off the light and locked up. :lol: We may still be right, but your story is nicer!).
Last edited by Stroller on Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now