2 March Waiting Thread

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Womblemania

2 March Waiting Thread

Post by Womblemania »

30 days until National Offers Day and counting!

How is everyone? We've been busy with indie exams and interviews and those results will start coming in next week. Really keen to just know now where DD will be going - of at least what the options are.
Catlady

Re: 2 March Waiting Thread

Post by Catlady »

Hi Womblemania
waiting anxiously here for results - luckily DS isn't!! Our stress levels definitely decreased after Sutton Grammar School exams - he didn't take any Indie exams. I hope everyone gets what they hope for and we can all support next year's students and families. This site has been invaluable to us and given amazing support in the midnight hour when you begin to question - Is it all worth it?
Thankfully our DS was resolute from the start and told me 'If I weaken, Just tell me why I want it!' and there have been a few stretched moments. We are looking forward to the next stage and whatever the results bring!!!
YoungSuccess

Post by YoungSuccess »

Ah... a waiting thread :-) For us, been busy with activities outside school. Thought its a great opportunity to explore various new skills.

2nd of March will soon arrive.
Biggiesmall

Post by Biggiesmall »

Marking place :)
No indi exams for us, so like Catlady we've been able to kick back. Though life still feels very busy!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Are your schools gearing up for SATs?
demitasse

Post by demitasse »

Yes, just when we thought we could relax a bit and focus on other things, we've been handed a fat 'revision' pack and schedule, with level 6 maths and readings that would have been useful a few months ago! What I object to is the kids being put under pressure to produce results that are really only of benefit to the school.

Oh well, as DD says, at least it is good preparation for secondary school. She isn't complaining about doing it (yet) so I shouldn't either I guess...
J50

Post by J50 »

tiffinboys wrote:Are your schools gearing up for SATs?

Yes! Too much. Did a week of SATs tests in Sep, and another one recently! Really not bothered about them... DS wants to take the rest of the year off now!

Sitting borderline for Tiffins; have offer from joint 1st choice Indie (and doing sports scholarship assessments today); have had all-rounder (academic + sports +music) scholarship assessment from other joint 1st choice Indie and get their result on Fri 13th Feb. So quite relaxed now and will be able to decide what will happen after the 13th Feb though will (hopefully) be a difficult choice.
J50

Post by J50 »

demitasse wrote:Yes, just when we thought we could relax a bit and focus on other things, we've been handed a fat 'revision' pack and schedule, with level 6 maths and readings that would have been useful a few months ago! What I object to is the kids being put under pressure to produce results that are really only of benefit to the school.

Oh well, as DD says, at least it is good preparation for secondary school. She isn't complaining about doing it (yet) so I shouldn't either I guess...

DS would put such a pack in the bin. Well, in the recycling...
Catlady

Post by Catlady »

tiffinboys wrote:Are your schools gearing up for SATs?

Yes, there is that too tiffinboys. He has said the preparation for the entrance exams have already covered all of what goes on in SATS so hopefully we will start going over that after February half term - SATS mocks this week, I think at DS school.
Gringo64

Post by Gringo64 »

Hello, I am here waiting too. roll on 2 March!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now