Nonsuch waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Nara

Re: Nonsuch waiting list

Post by Nara »

thank you tiffinboys and gringo64...My daughter is checking post everyday...

I am nervious as starting to think that it is mid May already...and not sure what could be the reason of 5 girls to reject places from now on, especially in catchment...

Does anyone know from previous years what was the latest offer day/month from Nonsuch or Wallington?
indian-mum

Post by indian-mum »

my dd also in waiting list 2 for ooc.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Nara wrote: I am nervious as starting to think that it is mid May already...and not sure what could be the reason of 5 girls to reject places from now on, especially in catchment...

Does anyone know from previous years what was the latest offer day/month from Nonsuch or Wallington?
Places could become vacant right upto the start of the school year. Mostly due to higher preference becoming available, or relocation or realisation of travel difficulty or sometimes, actually opting for indie places but holding on to state school place as well.
Nara

Post by Nara »

Thank you tiffinboys. And good luck to us indian-mum!
Gringo64

Post by Gringo64 »

I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of you Indian-mum and Nara. There could easily be a few people still holding on to grammar school places who will go for independent in the end. I can imagine people thinking that they may as well hold on to the grammar school places for as long as possible just in case their financial positions suddenly change. I have heard of people doing the induction days and then deciding not to take their school place.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Fingers crossed for you both. I still know of people who have not completely made up their minds yet.
Just out of interest does anyone know what the initial IOC and ic cut off scores were and how much they have moved?
There seems to me to have been more movement at lots of different schools than previously.
Nara

Post by Nara »

Thanks to Gringo64 and Moon unit! I am not loosing hope...I wish we hear good news for our daughter!
Nara

Post by Nara »

just got email from Nonsuch, my daughter is number 5 now in the in-catchment waiting list...glad that the list is moving...
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

That's good news Nara. I have my fingers crossed for you. We know a child who pulled out last year after induction day at a grammar. They managed to get back an indie place that had previously been declined. Really hope your daughter gets a place. Have you moved up on the Wally list too?
indian-mum

Post by indian-mum »

DD finally got offer from Nonsuch :D :D :D

we are going to accept and releasing the place she had at Wallington girls.

Fingers crossed for you nara.hope u will get good news soon