Travel to WCGS from Sutton Station near by areas

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
luvingdad

Travel to WCGS from Sutton Station near by areas

Post by luvingdad »

Hi,
First of all , many thanks for al who provided information on my previous queries. This forum and people in forum are wonderful and big help so far.

Just to reiterate, i live in North London and my DS has been offered a place in Walling Count Grammar school. WE need t to shift area near by WCGS such as Carshalton/Wallington /Sutton.

If we consider shifting near by area of Sutton station , I understand there are decent transport connection available for WCGS. I could see Bus - 407 / X26 as option . It shows around 30 min of travel on google maps (which is not bad).

However, I have no idea about how good/bad traffic is during morning time and how much delay in can bring in journey time . Bus goes through A232 road and tram through . It would be really help if someone can share the actual travel time from Sutton near by areas to WCGS though A232 road.

Many Thanks in advance.
Dilbud71

Re: Travel to WCGS from Sutton Station near by areas

Post by Dilbud71 »

Travel to WCGS from Sutton should take no more than 20 mins. On the X26 it is even quicker (as it is only 2 stops to WCGS) but the bus is sometimes full and does not always let the kids on. My son usually takes the 407 at 7.30 and will be at the school for 7.45. There are lots of other boys on that bus too. There is also the 627 ( a school bus) which stops at Carshalton and the boys can walk from there.
luvingdad

Re: Travel to WCGS from Sutton Station near by areas

Post by luvingdad »

Many thkx Dilbud71
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now