MultiAcademy Trust for Nonsuch and Wallington High school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

victoria123

MultiAcademy Trust for Nonsuch and Wallington High school

Post by victoria123 »

We received the above consultation document in the email today from Nonsuch. I personally think that this is alarming (and not in a good way!), any views? :?:

copy and paste onto your address bar:

http://www.keepkidssafe.co.uk/a/?a=ih1tio&b=88926" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keepkidssafe.co.uk/a/?a=i7sba&b=88925" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.keepkidssafe.co.uk/a/?a=slzlnq&b=88924" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tiffinboys

Re: MultiAcademy Trust for Nonsuch and Wallington High schoo

Post by tiffinboys »

The current head of WHSG came from business. I think she was at Marks & Spencer.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

In what way are you alarmed?

The schools have tried to maximise their income both by increasing pupil numbers and attracting pupil premium grant. Looking for further cost savings is necessary, and a move like this should allow some admin savings as well as allowing departments to join up and share resources at 6th form.
Last edited by Ladymuck on Sat May 23, 2015 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
victoria123

Post by victoria123 »

tiffinboys wrote:The current head of WHSG came from business. I think she was at Marks & Spencer.
My husband thinks that it is a done deal. We both work for the NHS and it very much feels like the NHS structure transferred into education ie trusts, merging trusts etc....
It may work up to a point, but loss of independence has not been good for some
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

It is a done deal - the consultations are a formality.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

If you have a daughter at either school, or if you intend to apply for a place, it's worth taking the time to read the documents.

In the document you'll find at the first link provided, there are details of public meetings for each school.

Responses to the public consultation must be submitted by 29th June. A decision will be made in early July.

Interestingly, if it goes ahead, they'll be looking for TWO head teachers to start "hopefully" in January 2016. Isn't the Tiffin Girls' headship latest start date also the same? So, who is ready and willing to lead a selective girls' school in the greater SW London area? :D
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Sharing of resources is good but can be done without merger. There is some possibility of cost savings as HR/Finance could be merged, but then there would be cost Of Exec Head/her staff etc as well as MAT costs.

Loss of independence would also be a factor.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Ladymuck wrote:It is a done deal - the consultations are a formality.
Like so called consultations on admission arrangements. It is such waste of resources.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Note to self: Refresh screen before writing a reply, especially if you wandered off to read something else in the meantime. :oops:

Although, if it's a done deal, it's even more important for parents to understand the changes...
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I know TGS have had to offer more places. It wouldn't surprise me that there is also a finance issue to be addressed there which means finding the right head (ie one in line with the vision of the GB) is a challenge.

The potential savings across middle management can be significant but the main savings will be around 6th form where numbers especially at A2 can be small for some subjects.