out of catchment Tiffin Boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

khan1971

out of catchment Tiffin Boys

Post by khan1971 »

i live more than 14km away from Tiffin school.
is there any point my DC take the exam or will he
be consider for place if he qualify.
is there any Boy consider out of catchment.
Thanks for reply
Ladymuck

Re: out of catchment Tiffin Boys

Post by Ladymuck »

No point in taking the exam - that are more than enough boys inside the catchment to fill all of the places several times over.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

@khan
You might try QE though, which does not have catchmrnt and run several school buses from Harrow, which is not very far from Northolt area.

See the post from young success re school buses.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ow#p482574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
htm123

Post by htm123 »

This year no matter how high the boys scored in the test they didn't received a school place offer from Tiffin Boys unless living inside catchment area.
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

I agree with all of the above, absolutely no point in sitting for Tiffin if you are out of catchment. I would also like to add for anyone else considering sitting ' just in case' it costs the school rather a lot of money to administer these tests per head and they have to fund this themselves. I'd please urge you to not do this if you are OOC.
999 mum

Post by 999 mum »

whichwitch wrote:I would also like to add for anyone else considering sitting ' just in case' it costs the school rather a lot of money to administer these tests per head and they have to fund this themselves.
May be the schools should charge for sitting the exam? (Not to FSM or looked after children)

(I'll go and hide now - before everyone starts throwing things at me)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

999 mum wrote:May be the schools should charge for sitting the exam? (Not to FSM or looked after children)
That would be illegal under the School Admissions Code.
1.9 It is for admission authorities to formulate their admission arrangements, but they must not:

n) request financial contributions (either in the form of voluntary contributions, donations or deposits (even if refundable)) as any part of the admissions process – including for tests;
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

When my dds sat HBS it was one pound for Juice and a biscuit between papers. But they had to abandon that as it was considered to be against the law! DG
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Daogroupie wrote:When my dds sat HBS it was one pound for Juice and a biscuit between papers. But they had to abandon that as it was considered to be against the law! DG
Whereas when mine sat HBS (2015), the group she was with wasn't even allowed a toilet break, never mind refreshments. :shock: Possibly also illegal?

Off-topic, but...
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.