Tiffin Girls' School (TGS) - Sept. 2015 starters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Strontium

Re: Tiffin Girls' School (TGS) - Sept. 2015 starters

Post by Strontium »

DD enjoyed the day and is looking forward to starting. She even managed to swap email addresses with a couple of girls.

... but I can't face getting the uniform together... does anyone know how the embroidery works? Do I buy the PE shirt/overall etc and post it to the recommended embroiders?
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

No idea, haven't reached the embroidery stage yet, but John Lewis is under the impression that they need both a navy DT "overall" (i.e. protective coat) AND a white lab coat. Is that right?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Ela

Post by Ela »

Never heard about white lab coat. maybe it is a new thing. my dd is in Y8 and uses only navy overall for DT, art and science.
hina

Post by hina »

My daughter in year 7 only uses navy overall for DT etc. Not white?
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Thanks, Ela and hina, for confirming. The white coat is not mentioned in the Tiffin pack, but is itemised on the A4 page John Lewis uses to record sizes from the TGS uniform fitting. JL must have made a mistake? And they didn't have either the navy or the white available as a sample to try on for size.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Meant to come back to this. It seems the white is used "in the senior part of the school" (i.e. Sixth Form presumably?).

Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Mine's just finished year 8 and she's just got a blue one.

Just don't try getting an age 14 skirt. They are out of stock, have been for ages, and no more coming in until 27 July. Rubbish!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Out of sheer idle curiosity (sorry, loads of that here :roll: ), why does Tiffin Girls School uniform have its logo what I can only describe as the wrong way round and on the wrong side? It's the only uniform I've seen with the logo on the right rather than the left.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Good point Toadmum; I have no idea! Had not even noticed...
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

I agree that it's unusual and can't speak to the original intention. Hand-shaking is right-handed though and in business, the eye of the person whose hand you are shaking follows a natural trajectory from your right hand towards your face. It's unusual, but from a business perspective it is logical.