Sutton second stage test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Starlight14

Sutton second stage test

Post by Starlight14 »

Well done to all the boys who sat the test today!

DS said all the prefects were very helpful and although the queues were long to get in, they were very well organised.

I know it's on an email somewhere but does anyone the date for results?
newto11+

Re: Sutton second stage test

Post by newto11+ »

we need to wait till 23rd for the results :(
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Our experience was somewhat marred by unscrupulous parents of Session B (pm) boys fishing for information about the test from Session A (am) parents who were just leaving the venue - clearly to give last minute tips to their DSs.

Shocking the lengths people will go to but not altogether surprised as this process can bring out the worst in people.
Katylou80

Post by Katylou80 »

Have your DSs given any feedback about how they got on? Mine is much less secure in English yet came out buzzing about his writing - really enjoyed it - but as for the maths - which is his strength - he informs me that he left loads ( and I mean loads) of questions blank as they were really hard and there were too many of them to complete in the time! Just wondered how your DSs felt it went for them?

He didn't seem too bothered. Was more concerned about getting to the Cafe for some pancakes!
Starlight14

Post by Starlight14 »

That doesn't surprise me at all, although it's no session A parent's interest to pass on this information anyway!
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

You're right, it is not in the best interests of Session A parents. However, when the parents of Session B are asking the children directly, as was my case, an excitable child can let some information slip.
Katylou80

Post by Katylou80 »

Have your DSs said much about the actual test? Mine said the maths was extremely hard - and maths is his strong area - with lots of questions left unanswered due to time. Said the English was fun?
Starlight14

Post by Starlight14 »

Oh dear, well it is very out of order. Take comfort in that whatever was passed on won't have made much difference in the time they had.

DS found maths quite challenging, English not too bad in the end and he was most concerned about that one.

Will all the same boys who sat SGS be invited to sit for Wilsons too?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Hopefully those were not the parents of late sitters.
Kingston mum

Post by Kingston mum »

Hi
I agree you couldn't do much with the information if you would go in and sit the afternoon session but late sitters are a different matter....
Never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people would go to get their kids in, so you would leave your sick child at home and go and fish for information at the school gates?
Anyway my DS also found Maths difficult but I've read on this forum that SGS is known for their tough Maths exam. Next is Tiffin just hope there is enough energy left...
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now