Other schools?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
surreymum3

Other schools?!

Post by surreymum3 »

We've got absolutely fantastic grammar schools in our local area, but I'd love to know what other non-selective schools you're all considering for your children - son's especially. As I've only managed to find Glyn!
loopylou

Re: Other schools?!

Post by loopylou »

Some of the faith schools are very popular but heavily oversubscribed and most give priority to people who attend church. St Philomena's Catholic High School for Girls and The John Fisher School are examples of ones that people seem keen on.
Mostly though parents are restricted by where they live. Glyn isn't an option if you are in parts of South Sutton for example but Cheam High might be and is also well thought of. Graveney is also popular with people who live close enough to meet the distance requirement and those who live further away but take the test.
The equivalent of Glyn for girls is Rosebery but again, you won't get in unless you live in that part of Epsom / Surrey.
Richard Challoner School is another very popular boys' school in the wider area but, again it is a faith school.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Coombe Girls if living within 4 to 5 km area
Hollyfield for Kingston/Surbiton
Gray Court for North Kingston/Ham/Richmond area
londonmum00

Post by londonmum00 »

surreymum3: which grammars are you referring to? Sutton's and Tiffins presumably?
We live in Wandsworth/Clapham Junction, but we don't fall in the designated area of Tiffin Girls ( which is a shame as Kingston is only a few stops from CLJ ).
NonSuch and Wallington are quite far, about 30mins train then a 8min walk or bus ride.
What is your view about NonSuch vs Wallington?
Out of curiosity, we went to see Henrietta Barnet, we were impressed and DD liked it best so far. But obviously it is highly competitive and very far. I think if we tick it and get it, we should better move.
As for Graveney, we will go to see it next week. There is no direct bus going there, the children have still to walk quite a bit to get there.
newdud

Post by newdud »

What is your view about NonSuch vs Wallington?
Out of curiosity, we went to see Henrietta Barnet, we were impressed and DD liked it best so far. But obviously it is highly competitive and very far. I think if we tick it and get it, we should better move.
In terms of Acedemic perofrmance both Nonsuch & Wallington Gilrs GS perform very well.
There two are super selective as such will be equally as compatitive to get into, as HBS.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now