Selective Eligibility Test - marking of papers

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Moormum

Re: Selective Eligibility Test - marking of papers

Post by Moormum »

My DS did SET at Wallington and we got this e-mail. He will do 2d stage now. This situation is absolutely ridiculous! He was so upset and we, parents, we're destroyed. And now we have only two days for preparing after 3 weeks of break and huge stress and disappointment!
Niegs

Post by Niegs »

My DS sat at Sutton grammar and we did not receive any mail.How can there be a technical error ???
pooziepuzzle

Post by pooziepuzzle »

Oh dear, how awful! It doesn't look like any one school can be pin pointed though as people e-mailed have sat in at least 4 different schools. Is it only those who didn't pass receiving new e-mails, therefore being told there is no change, or infact they have now passed? Seems unlikely anyone who originally passed would now not.
For those who now have to sit the second stage in the next couple of days it must be an emotional roller coaster but please remind your DS that all the hard preparation is done already. There is no time after the SET to suddenly prepare anyway for stage 2 so all the months of hard work previously done is what counts.
Lots of deep breaths and good luck!
betboo

Post by betboo »

I know of two boys both sat test at wilsons, both didn't not pass ,one got the email to say that there is no change to his result the other didn't get any email. It's all very confusing.
Castlesinthesky

Post by Castlesinthesky »

Sounds very stressful but seems to be just an issue with boys who sat at Wallington from the posts. I hope that none of the boys who have already sat have been marked down and have been told their second stage paper is not valid.

My dd sat at nonsuch and we got the email the op posted.
pooziepuzzle

Post by pooziepuzzle »

Someone got the email who sat SET at Wilsons if you read further back
pooziepuzzle

Post by pooziepuzzle »

Although we don't know if there was a change to their outcome or not.....
Castlesinthesky

Post by Castlesinthesky »

[quote][

I assumed it must be Wallington as the email I received says "one of the boys' schools"
See below.

SELECTIVE ELIGIBILITY TEST

We are writing to you regarding the recent Selective Eligibility Test.

Procedures for checking the marking of papers are carried out prior to sending out the results, but further checks are also carried out after this.

Following recent checks, we have discovered a technical issue with the marking of a batch of Maths papers at one of the boys’ schools. We wish to reassure you that the issue has been addressed and all relevant papers re-marked. Those who have been affected have been contacted directly.

We can confirm that the original letter you received was correct and that there has been no change to the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test for ***.

Yours sincerely

On behalf of the Admissions Offices of
GHS, NHSG, SGS, WCGS, WHSG and WS
/quote]
htm123

Post by htm123 »

It sounds like a 'batch of papers' were probably put in the reader the wrong way around. It is sad but can happen as the papers are handled by humans.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Castlesinthesky wrote:
[

I assumed it must be Wallington as the email I received says "one of the boys' schools"
See below.

SELECTIVE ELIGIBILITY TEST

We are writing to you regarding the recent Selective Eligibility Test.

Procedures for checking the marking of papers are carried out prior to sending out the results, but further checks are also carried out after this.

Following recent checks, we have discovered a technical issue with the marking of a batch of Maths papers at one of the boys’ schools. We wish to reassure you that the issue has been addressed and all relevant papers re-marked. Those who have been affected have been contacted directly.

We can confirm that the original letter you received was correct and that there has been no change to the outcome of the Selective Eligibility Test for ***.

Yours sincerely

On behalf of the Admissions Offices of
GHS, NHSG, SGS, WCGS, WHSG and WS
/quote]
Was that email sent out from set2016@suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk or some other address, please? I haven't seen anything in my inbox, searched junk mail and nothing there, either, unless it was a different email address...
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now