TGS Results - Good Luck

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

TGS Results - Good Luck

Post by tiffinboys »

Now the boys have got the stage 1 results from Tiffin, I expect the Tiffin Girls to sent the results soon, perhaps tomorrow. Good Luck all.
maldenmum

Re: TGS Results - Good Luck

Post by maldenmum »

Just received the letter from TGS. My DD invited for Second stage. Very happy.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

:D :D
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Congratulations maldenmum.

Did they give you any indication in the letter as to a qualifying score like they did for the boys? The qualifying score for boys was 218 to go through to the 2nd round. I know the score from the first round doesn't count towards the overall ranking but still interested to know how it compares to the boys.

Thanks.
myfamily

Post by myfamily »

qualifying score is 215 for girls
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Interesting that the qualifying score for girls is lower than the boys. I wonder whether they have passed the same number.
loopylou

Post by loopylou »

Isn't the score just set wherever it needs to go in order to pass enough candidates?
So it is based on how many took the test and how they all did in relation to one another?
I always imagined that the score must be set after the papers have been marked else there would be the possibility (in years of harder test papers or greater applicant numbers) that far too many or far too few girls would end up invited for stage 2.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Number of candidates at TGS is usually far lower than TS; both have 180 places.

Obviously the cut-off for girls would be lower, as between 500 to 600 candidates would have been invited to sit for stage 2 test.
oberoijasleen

Post by oberoijasleen »

Hi All,
Congratulations to all who have made it to round 2 and best of luck to people still waiting for the result to come thru.. I know the wait is killing.. :cry: :cry:

Just received our letter...DD invited to second stage :) Very happy.

Looking at the marks , I was just wondering about the level of difficulty of the test. Specially English. How have other DD's scored. Looks like English was tougher than math. Any pointers ???

Thanks
Jas
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Looking at the marks , I was just wondering about the level of difficulty of the test. Specially English. How have other DD's scored. Looks like English was tougher than math. Any pointers ???
Since these are age standardized scores, it only means that other children in the same age bracket would have done better. These scores don't matter any more.

Congrats to your DD. Well done.