SGS vs WCGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Moon unit

Re: SGS vs WCGS

Post by Moon unit »

What's wrong with Sutton?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

kashifzs wrote: I would probably prefer SGS but am apprehensive about the area its in - I don't think Sutton has a particularly good reputation. Anyone have any opinions.
I think you could say something good and something bad about most places. Even the best of towns can have streets where you probably wouldn't want to walk on your own after dark. People get mugged in 'good' areas of central London in broad daylight...I don't think Sutton is any different.

Having said that, if you are really uncomfortable with your DS in a school in the centre of Sutton, right behind the main shopping area and a multi-storey car park, I'm not sure why you decided for your son to sit the SGS second stage test... You would be getting stressed out about his safety all the time and that would be stressing him out, too. On the other hand, Sutton Grammar boys look like a happy bunch to me when I see them in the town centre... :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I'd have thought that Sutton is certainly as safe as Streatham is?!
pooziepuzzle

Post by pooziepuzzle »

Any train route from Kingston to Sutton or Hackbridge for WCGS?
whichwitch

Post by whichwitch »

https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Typing your starting location and destination in Google Maps (as in 'Kingston to Sutton') gives you a Route Scheduler tool within the map which is quite a bit more user friendly than the tfl website. :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now