Wilsons Or WCGS ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KeB

Re: Wilsons Or WCGS ?

Post by KeB »

Amoda wrote:
Hope that helps and good luck with your choices.
Thanks a lot Amoda. it does help, seems to be such a nice school. he can always play football outside if he gets through.
CoolParent123

Post by CoolParent123 »

The reason to choose any selective school is to offer better schooling environment in every aspect depending on Child’s personality, responsiveness and special interests he / she has .....

Remember, the Child spends most of his teenage in that school (11-18 yrs - Star Conditional apply for A Level admissions :D).

Irrespective of what grades he comes up with, the school influences him and gives a direction for rest of his life. People can argue of exceptions .... But it holds good for majority of them.

Some schools are strict and disciplined more than others .... Just think ... if that makes him to be better? Some give a conducive and easy going and caring environment ....... they could be perfect for him.

It’s a collective choice of Parents and Children together ......
zeinab

Post by zeinab »

CoolParent123 wrote:The reason to choose any selective school is to offer better schooling environment in every aspect depending on Child’s personality, responsiveness and special interests he / she has .....

Remember, the Child spends most of his teenage in that school (11-18 yrs - Star Conditional apply for A Level admissions :D).

Irrespective of what grades he comes up with, the school influences him and gives a direction for rest of his life. People can argue of exceptions .... But it holds good for majority of them.

Some schools are strict and disciplined more than others .... Just think ... if that makes him to be better? Some give a conducive and easy going and caring environment ....... they could be perfect for him.

It’s a collective choice of Parents and Children together ......

2nd this post. My DSs entered those schools as naive but capable boys with potential and left 7 yrs later ready and willing to take on their degrees. Actually I do get emotional when I see them now, thing is I don't understand a word they're saying as they're so articulate. OK yuh!! :lol:
newdud

Post by newdud »

+1

In early life the sense of order and aspiration they have is very much influenced by the High School.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Well I stand corrected. My DS has confirmed that there are in fact football teams and his year got into the Sutton cup semi finals last year! (He wasn't in the team which explains why it wasn't on my radar).

So it looks like there are opportunities for footballers to represent the school - great news.

This is clearly a relatively new development.
janjanamma

Post by janjanamma »

Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback.
Special thanks to Ladymuck :)
panicattack

Post by panicattack »

A bit more on Wilson's. A very well run and organised school. Results are always up on website on same day. Excellent communication with parents though things are very much done the Wilson's way. Don't think the boys have any more natural ability than WCGS or other grammars. Strong sense of discipline but teachers mostly have a sense of fun and good relationships with boys. V good at teaching boys. Lots going on in sport and music. Footie and rugby teams. Very good facilities including a refurbished hall. Good value school trips. GCSEs over 3 years (same as WCGS I think but not Sutton). Strong on careers advice even quite early in school. Slightly in middle of nowhere!