Tiffin Girls : Expected cutoff second round

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

curiousman

Tiffin Girls : Expected cutoff second round

Post by curiousman »

Happy New Year all.

My DD left 7 Qs out of 50 in maths and nothing in reading / writing. How much is likely a cut off?
J50

Re: Tiffin Girls : Expected cutoff second round

Post by J50 »

Virtually no chance if she's left that many out in maths. People I know found the maths relatively easy.
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

I would say not to worry as there is nothing you can do with regard to the score or cut off score. If she got all the 43/50 correct and did really well in English she can get through. Happy New Year and all the best! :D
Last edited by tabasco on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catcool

Post by catcool »

Admission is solely based on the score for the Stage 2 test only. The Stage 1 test scores are no longer added in .
curiousman

Post by curiousman »

J50, thanks, yes 7 is lot to leave out, yet hoping she has not made many mistakes and ends up with 40+ will leave her well above previous years qualifiers, who have mentioned anywhere above 35 with a reasonable shot.

Wonder how the scaling will work as in previous years, Maths was only 20 and the other reading / writing were 20 and 30. Assuming this is the case this time, she would have only a disadvantage of say 1 mark (against someone with clear advantage of 2.5 marks in maths). Also few people would do exceptionally well, I would be happy if my dd is just 150th !!!

Anyone knows about marking scheme / scaling this time around.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Also few people would do exceptionally well, I would be happy if my dd is just 150th !!!
There are 180 places, and not all of the high scorers would have TGS as their first preference. I estimate that top 280 to 300 would get TGS place, initially or from wait-list.
mjuly

Post by mjuly »

Post mortems are never easy and OP give your child a hug and tell her you are proud of her.
curiousman

Post by curiousman »

mjuly wrote:Post mortems are never easy and OP give your child a hug and tell her you are proud of her.
True.

However, it would be great if Tiffins provided information how they will do the scores and scaling.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

You could respond to the consultation and suggest what you would like the school to do. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 30&t=45218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

The consultation has ended yesterday.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now