2017 entry 11 plus test- Wallington, Wilson & Sutton school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anne_810

2017 entry 11 plus test- Wallington, Wilson & Sutton school

Post by Anne_810 »

Hi All

Appreciate your help on the below please;

Would you tell me the exam body of the Wallington County Grammar, Wilson Grammar school and Sutton Grammar School for the 1st test and the 2nd test please?

Is it CEM? Or GL Assessment please?

Thank you
Anne
PurpleDuck

Re: 2017 entry 11 plus test- Wallington, Wilson & Sutton sch

Post by PurpleDuck »

Last year it seemed a bit of both, in a way. There was not VR as such, but the 1st stage had a Cloze procedure (CEM type of thing), multiple choice English and maths, while the 2nd stage was standard format maths and an essay for English. I would focus initially just on solid grounding in English and maths, and practice some CEM-style Cloze exercises a bit later. Vocabulary is crucial all the way through, not just for Cloze, but also for comprehension, as that was very demanding. Read, read and read again and talk to your child about what they are reading. Practise timed multiple choice tests closer to the summer, as technique and timing are crucial.

Look out for Sutton Grammar mock tests - they are very useful for giving the children a taste of the real thing. You can book that on Sutton Grammar School website under the PTA section (as PTA run it) and the bookings are supposed to be open mid-next week, so don't miss it. The places go quickly.

Make sure you check the schools' websites every now and then as they may decide to change the format of the exam from one year to another and what comes in 2017 11+ exams may be different from what the children had to do last year.

Good luck.
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
ShaqArif

Post by ShaqArif »

Mock exams at Wallington too, run by the WCGS PTFA, see http://www.wcgsptfa.com/tests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I know my kids certainly benefited from it!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Would you tell me the exam body of the Wallington County Grammar, Wilson Grammar school and Sutton Grammar School for the 1st test and the 2nd test please?
The schools write their own test. The 1st round is also used by the girls school, and is multiple choice. The 2nd round where used is written by each school. There are no published past papers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now