Waiting for the Offer Day...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PurpleDuck

Waiting for the Offer Day...

Post by PurpleDuck »

Just one month to go before the National Offer Day.... Anyone else wishing they could fast-forward a month?
For those who applied online, this is from the London and Surrey e-admissions website:
The outcome to your online application will be sent by email during the evening on the following days:

Tuesday 1st March 2016 - Secondary, UTC and Studio schools
My understanding is that if someone applied using a paper application form, their offers will be posted by 1st class letter on the 1st of March, so should arrive on the 2nd of March (assuming the postman does not fall ill :wink: )
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
newto11+

Re: Waiting for the Offer Day...

Post by newto11+ »

+1

Glad we did it online 8)
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

We also applied on-line. Thankfully!

I wonder what they mean by evening. Deadline is 6pm types?

All the best to everyone for the big day!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

I am not in Surrey but in Bromley but there may be some similarities so forgive the post. Our application booklet states that emails will be sent from 5pm onwards. I have seen some areas in past years get their results minutes after midnight so it makes it a long day on this forum seeing other results come in and not knowing your own.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Thank you, PettswoodFiona. :) Perhaps it will all be similar in the 33 Surrey councils that are part of the pan-London coordinated e-admissions system? Whether some LEAs prefer to stay up later than others, we shall see! I wonder whether some email after midnight, so that the emails are received on the 2nd March, so technically on the same date as the letters should arrive (so that people who applied on paper can't complain that they found out a day later, but I am probably just over-analysing :lol: ) Or maybe it's just the sheer volume of emails that have to be sent... One way or another, we may be in for a long night - staying glued to a computer screen on a school night!
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Last year, we refreshed the page at 5.01pm and the results were available to read. However, the email itself didn't arrive until 7.30pm. So the moral of the story is don't wait for the email, just log directly onto the system just after 5pm.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

The wait is agonising. Can't believe I'm going through it again this year with my DS this time around.

Good luck to all who are waiting.
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

That's my plan then. The only risk is the admissions website crashing at 5pm when we all try to log in! :lol:
I hope the outcome will be good news for everyone.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

Amoda wrote:Last year, we refreshed the page at 5.01pm and the results were available to read. However, the email itself didn't arrive until 7.30pm. So the moral of the story is don't wait for the email, just log directly onto the system just after 5pm.
yes, emails seem to be released in batches to try and stagger people logging on. You will find the info is only uploaded as the Council staff finish work so they don't have to take calls on 1st. You will be lucky if you can get them on phone on 2nd.

Sometimes the info is sent to your existing primary school earlier, they will probably know Monday 29th (but wont tell you they already know).

Remember the online result will only tell you what school you got into, you then have to wait for your postman to deliver the additional info such as test results.

If you are unlucky, you also generally have to wait about another 3 or 4 weeks to find out your position on waiting lists as they only seem to release this once the first acceptances / rejections come in (which is supposed to be done within 2 weeks, but some parents are slow). If you get school number 1 on your list, I think it automatically accepts the offer.

What I'm trying to say is don't count days to 1st March, (which is presumably why this thread was opened) or arrange a celebration evening on Tuesday 1st in advance. A fair chunk of applicants wont have any certainty that day, and could be many more weeks of waiting as clearing takes place. Remember there are thousands of places offered to people initially, who subsequently decline the place as they go to a private school outside the main offer system.
newto11+

Post by newto11+ »

Thank you snow daddy,you brought me back to reality. Best time to practice meditation,I guess :wink:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now