Waiting for the Offer Day...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
newto11+

Re: Waiting for the Offer Day...

Post by newto11+ »

Thank you Amoda for the tip. Didn't even think about the website till you mentioned it.so one more to chk their server capacity :)
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

There's also quite a lot to be said for issuing results after school (or in the case of SPGS and CLSG last year, on a Friday). Those who need time to reframe their options and manage expectations have a dignified chance to pick up the pieces before they're subjected to the playground. In 2015, dozens of children (hundreds, if you take all London boroughs into account) were offered none of the six schools on their list. Some of that is down to poor parental planning, no grasp of reality, etc., but even then time to reflect and calm down can't hurt.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

We live in the London Borough of Sutton and my two fortunately both got Sutton schools. Logged on last year and three years ago at 17.01 and able to get both results straight away. No prob with the site crashing. The actual emails came about 8pm. Everyone we knew managed to log on at just after five. My advice would be to keep busy and don't do what I did and keep trying prior to 5pm. We also signed up for the trial of text messaging but never got a text message.
Good luck to you all.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

Forgot to add even if you get your first choice you MUST accept it if it's still what you want. It's not automatic acceptance.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

For 2013 intake, if you get your first choice, you did not need to do any thing. Same still applies for Pan London admissions. However, I consider it safer to enter acceptance of the offer even if you get your first choice.
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Last year, we got our first choice but still had to accept. As TB has said, it's best to be cautious.
Moon unit

Post by Moon unit »

That's right Amoda. For last years offers it came with an accept/ don't accept button. It was essential to accept.
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Are They using the Parent Comms app this year? Worth downloading if it's still being used. Last year we had result via the app pretty much on the dot of 5pm but the email didn't arrive until early the following morning. Good luck for all of those waiting
NiksMum

Post by NiksMum »

The countdown is well and truly on in our household, such a nervous feeling already.

Does anyone know what sort of timings Wandsworth council offer the results?

I'm glad I read this thread as I thought we'd be getting the email at 9am on the 1st March :shock: :lol:
Amoda

Post by Amoda »

Is it me or has the last week really dragged? The wait is agonising.
January went quickly but February is going very slowly. Although we no longer talk about the 11 plus, even my DS is beginning to have his doubts and is getting nervous.

I watched a programme years ago which followed a number of children preparing for the 11 plus. The council had all the results and future offers ready by the end of January. Why it takes another 6 weeks to share the information with the parents is beyond me.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now