Tiffin Boys results - please add comments here from the 1st

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdaddy

Re: TIFFIN BOYS RESULTS - Please add comments here from the

Post by Snowdaddy »

confused11 wrote:Hello,
My son got into Wilson's our second choice. Our first being Tiffins as it would mean we don't have to move. When I called Tiffins, they said they will send a letter out after Easter to let us know about his position in the waiting list. Gutted to see that he lost out by 1 mark. Cutoff was 97 and he scored 96. I wonder how many kids scored 96. any input would be great. Thanks
If Tiffin (boys) are scoring in integers then the ranking within each number will be by distance I think.
I would guess they will release a new batch of offers in 3 or 4 weeks once some declines have come through (this is normally before Easter hols, but Easter is early this year so might be after Easter)

TGS are operating to 2 decimals, but previous 3 years was a weighted average of 4 tests which meant loads of combinations. If they are only including 2 tests then much more likely that the combination of 2 scores could be same.
Skb_1973

Post by Skb_1973 »

Snow daddy is right - This year Tiffin waiting list is ranked by score and then distance. Additionally there are a number of boys that got the cut off score (97) and are on the waiting list. My DS also got 96 so I guess all we can do now is wait and pray for enough rejected offers. It was so much easier two years ago when my eldest DS got in, really wish they had a sibling preference :( Good Luck Confused11.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Fingers crossed for you confused11 & skb. Last few years, more than 20 places were offered from the wait list. But of course, this depends on places being declined first and can change this year.

Good Luck. Hope this all is sorted by the next allocation, which might be just before or just after the Easter break, as Snowdaddy mentioned.
ar123

Post by ar123 »

My son got 96 in tiffins . He is in waiting list. Is there any chance for him? His got offered from Langley grammer schoo. Tiffins is our first choice. Thank you.
Starlight121

Post by Starlight121 »

ar123 wrote:My son got 96 in tiffins . He is in waiting list. Is there any chance for him? His got offered from Langley grammer schoo. Tiffins is our first choice. Thank you.
Are you within the priority area? Im sure he will have a good chance if so
ar123

Post by ar123 »

I m in tw3....postcode
Skb_1973

Post by Skb_1973 »

Does anyone know if offers for those on the waiting list have already started happening as boys decline places or do we all have to wait until after Easter for second allocation offers to be made? The longer I wait the more nervous and disheartened I am getting :(

Being in the Priority area and just one mark below the cut off still feels like light years away from being offered a place
pii

Post by pii »

Re: Skb_1973 , Tiffin has been taking at least 20 boys from the waiting list in the previous year. In the year your older son passed tiffin; the cut off for first round was 233. but in second round it took all from 232 . I remember one of the boy was from tw4. For now it is just a game of wait and watch. Fingers crossed your son will get tiffin
rose1505

Post by rose1505 »

Hi ar123, you have very good chance to get place in tiffin but Langley is a very good school as well.My son is in Langley grammar school in year 7.We were in similar situation last year because tiffin was our first choice(closer to us)but we got offer from Langley on national offer day and in May son got place in tiffin.Personally I thought mix school is better for him and after long discussion we decided to send him to Langley.He is very happy & one of the top student in his year group.So think which school is better for your son
ar123

Post by ar123 »

Hi rose 1505. Thank you for your support. I know lengly is very good school. Same as u tiffin is near and easy for me and him . What about transport from Hounslow to lengly? . And I got 5 years boy as well .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now