Tiffin Girls results - please add comments here from the 1st

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
drvs

Re: TIFFIN GIRLS RESULTS - Please add comments here from the

Post by drvs »

458 girls sat the TGS stage two test
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

drvs wrote:hello i have just received the letter.my DD has scored 49.54 /100. the girl with the 180th place has scored 50.45.could anyone tell me or guide me if there is any chance for my DD in TGS please.
thanks
drvs
If I remember reading previous years' posts correctly, the cutoff score got down by at least one full mark in each of the last three years. I hope Snowdaddy or other TGS parents would confirm this.

So drvs, your dd stands very good chance of getting offer from TGS, though the wait may be some thing to take care of.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

drvs wrote:hello i have just received the letter.my DD has scored 49.54 /100. the girl with the 180th place has scored 50.45.could anyone tell me or guide me if there is any chance for my DD in TGS please.
thanks
drvs
It is difficult to guess how many have scores between the two, however there has been movements of about 1% during the clearing phase in last 3 years (since stage 2 tests started), although you could be waiting into June or July to reach top of queue (if you reach it as it is marginal).

Bit of a guess as they increased intake by 30 (and 3 years ago when this last happened from 120 to 150 places moved about 1 point, TGS never published the final score). So my guess is chance is above 50%, but it will be a long wait (should be able to get waiting list position in about 3 weeks), and this will provide more accurate estimate. When the waiting list comes out (and it is after the initial rejections of those going to Independants), probably need to be no lower than about 12-15th on list. Sorry cant really give better idea, and good luck.

Some offers can be very late, even after induction day in July, as a handful always seem to start having been offered since induction day, offers can happen in summer holidays. It seems topsy-turvy concept, but for the waiting list to move, someone else needs to choose not to go to TGS (probably for transport reasons).
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Have you read through the sticky?
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
drvs

Post by drvs »

Thank you very much tiffin boys,snow daddy & stroller for the information & support much appreciate it.keeping fingers crossed
kuku123

Post by kuku123 »

Congrats to all of you !!!
Florence16

Post by Florence16 »

Such a relief & great happiness that our DD was offered TGS. She scored 59.89.
It's our nearest secondary & she will be able to walk there in 20 mins.

Wishing everyone good luck on the waiting list. I already know of one girl who will be declining her place to go to an independent school.
This has been our first experience with secondary offers, thank you for all the wonderful advice, it's all been so helpful.
Pakhi

Post by Pakhi »

My girl is a Tiffin Girl! So happy! Anybody from Feltham in here? Also, is there any minibus or car pooling services from Feltham to Tiffin Girls?! Thanks in advance!
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I think there is a direct bus to Kingston and then either a short walk or 65. Also check post from ' Feltham mum'. Her dd got into TGS too this round.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Or train to Twickenham from Feltham (not sure of timing but won't take long) and change onto the Kingston line, ten minutes more on that train then 15 min walk or 65 bus.