Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

drvs

Re: Waiting List

Post by drvs »

Hello forum people,
Another TGS Girl,HURRAH!!!!!!!!
I am so pleased to let you all know that my DD has been offered TGS place.Soooooo happy :D :D :D :D
I received the letter from kingston council just couple of minutes back.
Thank you all ever so much for all your moral support,advice & informations ,specially being with us during this hard phase.

Just a little info for all the desperate parents out there that the offers from the waiting list are being informed to the parents by the kingston council themselves not by the school.so parents who cannot wait for the letter please call the council directly and they will let you know about your DD.
One of my friend's DD has also got the place with a score of 49.4 from hounslow.

Good Luck to all the parents who are still waiting and desperate about TGS place.You will be receiving the offer letter if your DD has got the place by the end of the day or tomorrow.
Fingers crossed for all waiting parents there.
fifi kaan

Post by fifi kaan »

Hello mums
Hope everyone here is having good Easter break just want to ask if anyone has heard from Wilson's waiting list?
I know few parents have recieved letter from girls grammar school ( tiffins )
Was wondering if anyone has any news on Wilson's waiting list
Moormum

Post by Moormum »

fifi kaan nothing yet :(
Realkotti

Post by Realkotti »

Hi All,

Some great news coming through in this thread over the Easter break, and wishing all the best for the ones who got their places,

Any one heard about waiting list and places being offered at Wallington Girls pls?

I am a parent with no nails left, to bite any more :wink: :wink: :wink: Pls PM if you want to share your story,

Thanks
Moormum

Post by Moormum »

What do you think about chances of getting place in Wilson's if DS is ranked 15-20 in waiting list?
pomfo

Post by pomfo »

Moormom Did you find out your DS's place on the waiting list already?
Proud Of My DS

Post by Proud Of My DS »

Moormum wrote:What do you think about chances of getting place in Wilson's if DS is ranked 15-20 in waiting list?
Moormum, I suspect that the Wilson's waiting list will start moving once the Tiffins Boys waiting list starts moving. I believe this will be some time next week (w/c 11.04.16). The Tiffin waiting list movement will I think affect the movement of Sutton Grammar and Wallington Grammar's waiting list as well. IMHO the 3 grammar schools are going to lose some boys to Tiffins.

To answer your question Moormum, I think let us wait till the week commencing 18.04.16 to reassess your DS's chances of getting a place in Wilson's
catcool

Post by catcool »

I think you are going to have a long wait on offers from Wilson's waiting list . Lady muck reported last month on the Wilson thread this:
" is worth noting that Wilsons has offered places to 218 boys, so there has to be over 38 rejections before any movement on the waitlist."
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Those 38 over offers represent the best estimate of boys heading to the independent sector though. Yes, there will now be some movement between the grammars, but initially most moves are to indie sector. Trinity school for example have already said they won't go to their wait list this year - they have all their places filled and deposits paid. I agree that any moves announced from now will be moves between the grammars.

Wilsons usually seem to go to around place 20 on their wait list though much of those moves are towards the very end of next term as induction begins.
Moormum

Post by Moormum »

pomfo, my DH called to Wilson's today and lady told him our son's place on the waiting list
Ladymuck, Proud of My DS, thank you!!! Still have Hope!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now