Waiting List

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

PurpleDuck

Re: Waiting List

Post by PurpleDuck »

Excellent news, 1Dad, congratulations. :D
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
pooziepuzzle

Post by pooziepuzzle »

My friend's son was also offered Sutton Grammar last week after originally not passing the second stage exam. There is still plenty of time for movement on the lists so good luck to those waiting.
confused11

Post by confused11 »

Proud Of My DS wrote:
Elevenplus2017 wrote:We received an offer this afternoon from the Tiffin Boys waiting list. Now to decide which is not easy.
Hearty congratulations. Sorry to be a pain but can you please share your DS's score and the postcode? It would give us a better idea about the standing. Thank you in advance.
1Dad

Post by 1Dad »

He had a net score of 289.4.. And I believe the pass was originally 290 at the initial results stage.Best of luck to you all
Blondie3

Post by Blondie3 »

My son has a place at Tiffin, but we have also accepted a place (and paid our deposit) for a local independent school, as we were unable to decide between the two, and wanted to keep our options open.
It is a difficult decision, but we have now decided that we are almost certainly going to send him to the independent school.
I don't want to give up the Tiffin place, and then regret it later (if I were to suddenly have a change in financial circumstances etc) but I know I need to be fair to those on the waiting list. Another parent at our son's school is on the same position, and she hasn't declined her Tiffin place either yet.
So, can I ask:
1) do people tend to give up these places fairly late in the day, with suddenly a lot of movement on the waiting list close to the summer holidays?
2) if the worst happened, and I couldn't afford the independent school fees, could we go back on the Tiffin waiting list, having already given a place up once?
3) when would be a reasonable time by which I should decline this place?
Thanks
P.s. i'm expecting a bit of criticism, but don't be too hard on me. I had always hoped and intended to send my son to Tiffin, and it is really hard to give up something that we had been working towards for so long without having a few regrets / second thoughts!
Skb_1973

Post by Skb_1973 »

Elevenplus2017 wrote:We received an offer this afternoon from the Tiffin Boys waiting list. Now to decide which is not easy.
I called Tiffin Boys today and the Admissions secretary categorically said no additional offers have been made by the school as yet. She was pretty annoyed and planned to call Kingston Council to ensure they had not made any additional offers yet. She reconfirmed the school will not make any additional offers until after Easter.

Elevenplus2017 - If you got an offer who called you? Also what was your son's score?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Elevenplus 2017 and got the place in 2016!!! :wink:
drvs

Post by drvs »

Skb_1973 wrote:
I called Tiffin Boys today and the Admissions secretary categorically said no additional offers have been made by the school as yet. She was pretty annoyed and planned to call Kingston Council to ensure they had not made any additional offers yet. She reconfirmed the school will not make any additional offers until after Easter.

Elevenplus2017 - If you got an offer who called you? Also what was your son's score?

I had called the kingston council this morning after seeing the 'offer message' just to find out about TGS waiting list,infact they were very shocked to hear that an offer has been made from the boys school.Apparently when the school was contacted by the council yesterday, TS clearly said that offers from waiting list will be made only after easter. The council themselves will be writing the offer letter to the parents who live in the borough not the school.
now the question is, who made the offer to elevenplus2017?according to skb1973 and myself neither the school nor the council has made the offer.so what is this rumour all about and why.please don't mislead anxious parents like myself and many others out there.
confused11

Post by confused11 »

drvs wrote:
Skb_1973 wrote:

I had called the kingston council this morning after seeing the 'offer message' just to find out about TGS waiting list,infact they were very shocked to hear that an offer has been made from the boys school.Apparently when the school was contacted by the council yesterday, TS clearly said that offers from waiting list will be made only after easter. The council themselves will be writing the offer letter to the parents who live in the borough not the school.
now the question is, who made the offer to elevenplus2017?according to skb1973 and myself neither the school nor the council has made the offer.so what is this rumour all about and why.please don't mislead anxious parents like myself and many others out there.
I called up the school as well. They have confirmed that NO offers were made. They have not even finalised the waiting list position as they are waiting for council's list which they will get next Wednesday. So any offers will be made only after Easter. Unless it was a SPAM email which I doubt.
They have even suggested that the alleged email confirmation be forwarded to them as its a hoax.
Glad to see that it is not just me who got all stressed out and started doubting the school regarding waiting list
Elevenplus2017

Post by Elevenplus2017 »

Oh yes silly me I was thinking About Tiffin Boys but I meant to write Sutton. How funny!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now