2016 exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
PurpleDuck

Re: 2016 exam

Post by PurpleDuck »

Dear Moderators,
Perhaps pii's post above could be made into a 'sticky' somewhere? E.g. top of this thread? Or somewhere else?
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Hmmm

Post by Hmmm »

pii, thanks a lot, very appreciated (it probably took you a half an hour to write that post)!
Minecraft8

Post by Minecraft8 »

Pii, Thank you very much for sharing your 11+study resources with us!!!
viv108

Post by viv108 »

Some excellent advise and list for us. I am very grateful!

Did your child mention if the tiffin paper they sat was similar in any way to any of the practise papers/mock exams; i mean format-wise and difficulty-wise.
pii

Post by pii »

Thanks everyone for appreciation.
viv108 we prepared our son also for slough (cem) so after the Tiffin 1 paper he felt it was more of a combination of both cem and gl in English, verbal and maths. Could not poke him more then as he was nearly in tears having had to rush through the last questions in maths. Tiffin stage 2 he came out smiling as comprehension was similar to what he had prepared (materials used is listed in my post) .Maths was standard format now. The easy on a picture of an eye ( man )looking through a hole in the wall ?? at you. Well, apart from his preparation aside he made up the plot similar to an episode of "Adventure Time". Now every time I stop him from watching TV . his reply is that TV made him pass the exam .LOL

anyone preparing for tiffin girls/boys or any other exam which has standard type of stage 2 test in English, then don't leave it until the result of first stage. Becoming a good creative writer takes time. lots of reading, comprehension and lots of pushing to write ( especially boys).
1Dad

Post by 1Dad »

Having just put 3 boys through their tests last September ,IMHO,try Manchester grammar maths papers from 2012 onwards at least and Harberdashers English papers.You could also give Manchester grammar English papers a go.Doing these now and revise again in the summer..giving you an idea of how much they need to improve.They are at a lot higher level than a normal entrance exam,but are great for the current system in place at all the Sutton schools.While all the boys struggled at SG WITH their maths my 3 came out telling me it was easy.Cant tell you much more but take the clue...will not regret it.All the best for your exams.
kuku123

Post by kuku123 »

pii, thanks a lot, much appreciated!!
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

For those whose DCs need some vocabulary practice - this spelling and vocabulary workbook by Bond looks quite interesting:
http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/welcome-back ... kEBA%3d%3d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
Sezzazoe

Post by Sezzazoe »

Still using - this post is really very helpful. Much appreciated.
VBusybee

Post by VBusybee »

Thanks Pii. Just stumbled upon your post today and it’s amazing. Good work and I really appreciate your efforts.