2016 2nd stage Nonuch & Wallington

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
HogRoast

2016 2nd stage Nonuch & Wallington

Post by HogRoast »

Hello all,
It's my second time going through this process.
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the second stage exam consisted of for Nonsuch & Wallington, and how hard the girls found it.
Apologies if this has already been asked.
tiffinboys

Re: 2016 2nd stage Nonuch & Wallington

Post by tiffinboys »

Stage 2 is standard English & Maths papers of relatively high standard covering all of key stage 2 syllabus.

How hard? is relative. For very well prepared, these papers won't be too hard.
HogRoast

Post by HogRoast »

Thank you for your reply.
I know it's standard English & Maths. My question was more specific. 3 years ago, for English, Wallington had long answer comprehension questions, and Nonsuch had one piece of creative writing about a day in the playground. For maths, they both had standard questions which didn't go above KS2. I was wondering what the content for English has been this year: essay, long comprehension, letter writing?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

I'm afraid that specific discussion of test content is banned on this site, out of concern about the same test being used for late sitters.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

streathammum wrote:I'm afraid that specific discussion of test content is banned on this site, out of concern about the same test being used for late sitters.
streathammum is correct. We don't allow specifics of the current year's tests to be discussed, including things like numbers of questions, timing etc, as well as format and topics. If a poster can provide us with written evidence (i.e. An email from the school) to confirm the test will not be used again, then with moderator permission, test details can be posted.