Travel from Southall to Tiffin Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
HappyParent

Travel from Southall to Tiffin Girls

Post by HappyParent »

Hi,

My daughter starts Tiffin Girl's Sept 2016, other than car share, and I know the school doesn't endorse any firm, can any parent make any suggestions?

Thank you :D
mad?

Re: Travel from Southall to Tiffin Girls

Post by mad? »

Hi HappyParent, congratulations to your DD.

I would suggest TFL Journey planner https://tfl.gov.uk/plan-a-journey/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as the best place to look. It very much depends which part of Southall you are in and how near the train station etc. You may find you are directed to Ealing Broadway and then the 65 bus. If this is the case I would recommend doing practise runs of the journey at the relevant time both ways. I am aware of many people who have decided against Tiffin Girls as they feel the journey from Ealing Broadway is too long, let alone with a train journey from Southall before/after it.

I believe there are some mini buses which so a more direct route and previous advice has been to go to the school at pick up and drop off time to see if any suit. Do bear in mind though that using these services can come with associated risks (see previous posts) and present a lack of timetable flexibility which precludes DD from fully participating in and contributing to school life in the way that I am sure you and the school would hope that she did.
Last edited by mad? on Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
mad?
HappyParent

Post by HappyParent »

Thanks,

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I've done a few dry runs at school and home times and it takes 40 mins door to door. Not ideal but not excessive either. Considering moving closer to the school also if I don't find a stable situation.

If any mini buses run from my Southall, names and numbers is what I need if that's allowed in the site.

Any parents who may know of any particular service is what we need.

Thanks again :)
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Recently some minibus operators to TGS and Tiffin have been caught by DVLA and police. Unfit vehicles, unqualified drivers, uninsured vehicles etc etc

However, if you don't get current Operators' details from TGS parents, you could visit the school at 3 pm and speak to the drivers to get the details. I believe several coaches comes from Southall, Greenford and nearby areas.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tiffinboys wrote:Recently some minibus operators to TGS and Tiffin have been caught by DVLA and police. Unfit vehicles, unqualified drivers, uninsured vehicles etc etc

However, if you don't get current Operators' details from TGS parents, you could visit the school at 3 pm and speak to the drivers to get the details. I believe several coaches comes from Southall, Greenford and nearby areas.
And request to see their driving licences and insurance certificates and have a look online to check whether DVLA thinks that the vehicle is currently taxed and on the road, perhaps :shock:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now