Wilson's Results in!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vasu

Wilson's Results in!!

Post by vasu »

Just got the results, my baby passed. Congratulation to all kids who passed or hugs to those who did not. All kids have worked hard and each and everyone is the most deserving. Our results are tinged with a little disappointment because my DS's best buddy did not pass. :(
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
zeinab

Re: Wilson's Results in!!

Post by zeinab »

My thoughts are with my fellow parents on here whose DS did not get through. Good news from Wilsons, this morning.

The very best of luck to you & for your special boys :)
Last edited by zeinab on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shailesh

Post by shailesh »

Hi Vasu,

Can you please more information(if school has shared) from the letter you have received such as how many students passed? how much was passing marks? how many student sat exam?

Regards,

S
vasu

Post by vasu »

Pass marks were:108
No. of candidates passed:367
They have not mentioned DS's scores or rank. They say" a pass does not constitute an offer" and the offer will come only on 1st of march. So not much clarity. I heard rumours that the school calls the boys who are top ranking so that they put Wilson's high on CAF.
shailesh

Post by shailesh »

Hi Vasu, many thanks for quick response.

Regards,

S
medsol

Post by medsol »

HUGE CONGRATS to all those who passed and big hugs to those who didn't.

My DS luckily passed Wilson's & Wallington - we're so proud of him! He has Sutton Grammar to go on the 19th November.

To be honest, am not sure which one to put 1st choice now on the CAF.

If we put Sutton Grammar as 1st choice, would we risk losing a place at one of the others schools which he passed? I mean, in the event that he has a bad day with the Sutton G exam, would we risk losing a place at Wallington/Wilson's?

DS feels he did very well with both papers, so am feeling nervous not to put one of these as first choice. Sutton Grammar is really easy for us to get to & Wilson's is the furthest @5 miles away. He would need a train plus 15 mins walk/bus for Wilson's. Wallington is easy to get to for us as well...just one bus and 20 min journey door to door. But DS absolutely loved Wilson's! It's a bit of a dilemma. I look forward to hearing your views.

vasu

Post by vasu »

Medsol, like your Ds I loved Wilson above all. 5 miles is "doable". In the end our kids should be happy with the choice of school.
laretta

Post by laretta »

Hi Medsol

You will not be penalised for order of preferences on you CAF. If your son does not get his first choice school (eg sutton grammar), but has passed with a high enough score for 2nd choice (eg Wilsons), then he will get the place at Wilsons - over and above another boy who may have put Wilsons first on his list, but scored lower than your son. In short you should put your preferences in order that you actually want them, that way you can't go wrong. You will not lose a place by putting a school lower on your CAF from unless you have already been awarded a place at a higher preference school.

Good luck
Last edited by laretta on Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

laretta wrote:Hi Medsol

You will not be penalised for order of preferences on you CAF. If your son does not get his first choice school (eg sutton grammar), but has passed with a high enough score for 2nd choice (eg Wilsons), then he will get the place at Wilsons - over and above another boy who may have put Wilsons first on his list, but scored lower than your son.

I hope I have explained it right?

Good luck
If the places are allocated on score then this is absolutely correct. If you don't get your first choice then your second choice will be treated as if it was your first.
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Congratulations to those who passed and Good luck to those who were not successful this time.
Never lose hope!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now