Run out of English papers to practice!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wimbles

Run out of English papers to practice!

Post by Wimbles »

Hi all,

We're sitting the SET on Wednesday, and we've run out of papers to practice for English.

I'd really like to try at least one more before the exam (in a similar style to GL Assessment - we've done all 8 of them, and DS was getting well over 80% in the last few).

I've just bought the Bond Multiple-choice test papers. The English looks tricky in it, so don't want to freak DS out so close to the exam.

Anyone got any other suggestions for papers we can try?

We still have Tiffin in 2 weeks so need more suitable material.

Thanks
ToadMum

Re: Run out of English papers to practice!

Post by ToadMum »

Wimbles wrote:Hi all,

We're sitting the SET on Wednesday, and we've run out of papers to practice for English.

I'd really like to try at least one more before the exam (in a similar style to GL Assessment - we've done all 8 of them, and DS was getting well over 80% in the last few).

I've just bought the Bond Multiple-choice test papers. The English looks tricky in it, so don't want to freak DS out so close to the exam.

Anyone got any other suggestions for papers we can try?

We still have Tiffin in 2 weeks so need more suitable material.

Thanks
Try this
http://www.csse.org.uk/index.php?option ... &order=ASC
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Great thanks.

I'll give the English ones a go. :)
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Have you covered all the recent L6 SPAG tests? If not I would give those a go as a lot of the words come up in SET.

In terms of comprehension, SET tends to have 2 shorter comprehensions (10-12 marks each). Haven't seen this in many of the published papers though perhaps CEM material might be similar?
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Thanks that's helpful.

He's generally ok with SPAG (I think!). It's more the comprehension he needs to practice.

We picked up on a couple of things he didn't do so well from the mocks (like cloze) and have really practiced those a lot over the summer with First Past the Post etc. Their synonyms and antonyms book has been great for expanding his vocab. a bit.

If you have any link that would be really helpful. His school has generally been pretty good and getting the grammar and spelling basics hammered in. CEM isn't MC is it?

Thanks for all your help.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now