Help please!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
luci3

Help please!!!!

Post by luci3 »

Hi, I am new to this forum. My DS will be answering the 11+ next year. Can anyone please guide me into the material that I need to look into? I have seen so much material online and confused as to which ones to buy. We are looking into grammar schools in Sutton. Any information provided will be helpful. Thanks.
scary mum

Re: Help please!!!!

Post by scary mum »

Have you looked here?
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ey-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
scary mum
Mammamia

Post by Mammamia »

I am also new and have just started to thing about 11 plus preparations. Looks like this forum is a great place to start.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Best to post in your geographical region as there will be lots of experts there with plenty of great advice. DG
luci3

Post by luci3 »

Thanks Scarymum for the link :)
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

I don't think all the info on that link is correct, by the way. As far as I know (bearing in mind I have a girl in year 5 currently, not a boy!) Wallington Boys doesn't have a 2nd stage test, they just use the eligibility test to allocate places. Sutton and Wilson's both have 2nd stage tests, as do both of the girls grammars.

Lots of 11+ material, including in Sutton library and my local branch of Smiths, isn't especially relevant to us because it's VR and NVR, neither of which are included in the testing process I think.

Mock tests at Sutton and Wallington boys will be open for booking in a few months - just after Christmas I think. Mocks are held in May.

Other than that, I'm pretty clueless too.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now