SET results advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sandra

Re: SET results advice

Post by sandra »

RuedeWakening wrote:I asked about the IC/OOC place allocation at the WHSG open evening in June/July. The lady I spoke to was fairly helpful, and said that once all the scores are ranked, they allocated the superselective places irrespective of whether students are IC or OOC. Then they allocated the IC and FSM places based on the highest remaining scores within each of those categories.

Hope that makes sense!

As per my understanding Sutton Grammar, Wilson's and WCGS do not have catchment criteria - is that true?
Goodheart

Post by Goodheart »

sandra wrote:As per my understanding Sutton Grammar, Wilson's and WCGS do not have catchment criteria - is that true?
This sort of information is always best sourced from the schools themselves. Having just done a quick read, it sounds like they all have the concept of 'in' or 'out' of catchment (in the general sense) in that they rank local boys more highly.
Sutton Grammar School wrote: According to http://www.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/ ... -Entry.pdf, in the Oversubscription Criteria section:
The following criteria will apply, in the order set out below, to determine the rank order of boys eligible for offers of places at the School:
1. Boys who are deemed to be ‘looked after’ by a local authority. Supporting evidence of the status will be required.
2. 75 places by rank order of the scores in the selection tests where the home address of the boy is in one of the postcodes (SM1-7, KT4, KT17, CR0 4--, CR4).
3. 60 places (plus any remaining places in criterion 2 if the number of qualified boys in criterion 2 is less than the 75 on offer) by rank order of the scores in the selection tests from any home address.
4. Proximity of the boy's home address from the school (where scores are equal).
Sutton Grammar wrote: According to http://www.wilsonsschool.sutton.sch.uk/ ... sions2017/:
Does it matter where we live?
For practical reasons your son shouldn’t have a journey of more than an hour in order that he can fully participate in the wider life of the school. Where there is a tie in the scores from the entrance examinations, places are offered to boys who live in the London Borough of Sutton before those who live outside the Borough.
Wallington Country Grammar School wrote: According to http://www.wcgs.org.uk/drupal/node/127:
In the event that the number of eligible applications exceeds the number of places available, the following criteria will apply, in the order set out below:
... (looked-after children, SEN, free-school meals) ...
d. Up to 15 places for those boys who are successful in the Selective Eligibility Test (SET) where the permanent home address*** is one of the postcodes (SM1, SM2, SM3, SM4, SM5, SM6, SM7, KT4 8 --, CR0 4 --, and CR4 4 – at the time of Common Application Form (CAF) submission deadline. Any unfilled places in this criterion on National Offers Day and thereafter will be filled by criterion b.
Ardain

Post by Ardain »

For WHSG I understood there to be 100 places for the top scoring girls regardless of postcode, next 15 for pupil premium girls within the 6.7 km radius and after these are allocated a further 65 are allocated to the top scorers living within the 6.7km catchment.

The final 30 places are allocated to the highest scoring girls who must live within the 6km radius.............. is this correct?

If the above is correct then would the second stage marking take postcode into consideration so they have a reasonable number of girls in each of the 3 catchment criterias............... or have I totally misunderstood th allocation of places :roll:

Anyone that could shed some light on this would really be helping my increased stress levels at the moment :lol:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Where one lives is not considered in marking.

Allocations are made to those scoring highest in each category.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now