Sutton Grammar waiting list 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

My son was on the waiting list and was offered a place in April last year. I can't remember exactly what position we were (perhaps 14) but the admissions tutor felt it highly unlikely that the waiting list would move as it had done in previous years so we were more than shocked when she telephoned us. I think at position 11 you will be offered a place. Interestingly, there were 5 vacancies in September and new boys arrived in January 2008.
Good luck
Jenny
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you. I spoke with SG on Friday and we are now No. 3 on the waiting list. A lot of people have not yet returned their acceptance slip either. It sounds hopeful, we just have to wait.
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

Poppy,
At number 3, I'm sure we will see you there is September. It's a great school.

jenny
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Poppy I agree that it is highly likely you will get the place. I know of at least one place that has not been given up yet which I think they have no intention of taking.
Fingers crossed for you
poppy

Post by poppy »

Thank you. I think it is so selfish of people who hold one to several places when they know that there are other children who are waiting. It is at times like this that I wish that I was able to pay for private education.
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

Those who choose to go private will hang onto their Grammar School place until the last minute, especially with the financial climate as it is now!

As Tiffin start offering more places so does Sutton- it's the cycle of accepting one school and rejecting the other- there are those with Sutton places who would prefer Tiffin. There will be a number of boys who live in Clapham, Richmond, Kingston, Putney and Wimbledon who have places at Sutton but would prefer Tiffin because the journey to school by train is easier. This is the same for Nonsuch Girls and Tiffin Girls. I know this was a deciding factor for some last year. It is worth keeping an eye on the Tiffin Waiting List thread.

Jenny
poppy

Post by poppy »

Hi,
Just to let you know my DS was offered a place today. We are V.V. HAPPY.
Good luck to any one who is still waiting.
jenny wren

Post by jenny wren »

What fantastic news. You must be thrilled. Finally, you can now celebrate.
Your son will be so happy at the school.

Jenny :lol:

You can always pm me if you want any info about the school.
melinda

Post by melinda »

Congratulations Poppy, I will see you in September!!
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Congratulations-was very hopeful you would get there. Delighted for you and your son.

See you in September!