sutton grammar waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
davis

sutton grammar waiting list

Post by davis »

Hi
my son is on the waiting list for sutton grammar but we live just outside the 10km boundary. His score would have got him in in the first round had we lived in the area. How does the waiting list work. Say for e.g he is 10th but 11th and 12th live in the catchment area would a place pass over my son to them?
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

From what i've been told they rank the waiting list as per their criteria for admissions so distance first. This was from year before last and policies change ring caroline mcmillan admissions secretary at the school she is very helpful.
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

sorry reading back my post i wasn't entirely clear if your son is 10th he is 10th and 11th and 12th wouldn't jump him as they would have already ranked them on distance before allocating a place.
davis

Post by davis »

Thanks Kaz. Do you have experience of this school? How many generally move off the waiting list? My son liked this school more than tiffin.
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

I can't say for certain in the past they have offered many more places than thay can admit because of the drop off to independents. I don't know if they have done that this year. Please ring the school they were very helpful when I had a query over this type of thing last year. Good luck to you.
davis

Post by davis »

Yes i shall ring her . Did you live in the catchment area and where were you on the waiting list?
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

No sorry not directly affected I was just weighing up all the possibilities in readiness for this year. We chose not to go for Sutton Grammar in the end. We preferred Glyn in Ewell and glad to say my son passed and got a place.
Kaz

If I hear anything more to do with this around the school playground ( we live in sutton) I'll post it for you
Kaz

Post by Kaz »

Out for a meal on Friday night with mum from another primary school in LB Sutton she knows 5 boys who got Sutton Grammar in her school are all taking ind places at Whitgift lets hope they tell admissions of this fact if not done so already.

Kaz