Tiffin is great!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kingston

Tiffin is great!

Post by kingston »

Tiffin is a great school which you can truely trust and rely on. It has abolished all the home work for Year 7 boys . However, a new method of "INDEPENDENT STUDY" programme has been introduced to the young boys. It will transform the boys into the active learners who will feel at home easily when they are in the 6 Forms and the future university lives. On the top of that , Tiffin's boy can enjoy the life to the full! A lot of extra curriculums are keeping the boys busy and happy. Well done , Tiffin! My son's singing vioce maybe not good enough to be chosen as Tiffin Boy Choir who paly often at the Royal Opera Hall . Nevertheless, I still encorage him to take part in its musical education which i believe he will benefit later in his life. :lol:
melinda

Post by melinda »

I hadn't realised they had abolished ALL the homework for Year 7 - I guess as long as they parcipate in the Independant Study it would work - I'm not sure how I feel, I do like the idea of at least one piece of homework.
I suppose they may look at it again in a few years.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

melinda wrote:I hadn't realised they had abolished ALL the homework for Year 7
This could be a key motivator for DS! We attended the open day last week and were impressed by the heads attitude to the holistic approach rather than being just a high grade producing sausage factory.

DS is into both sport and music so it would fit us well if he passes the test (not this year but next).

One thing I was not sure about was exactly how much sport they actually do since their playing fields are not local.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
geling

Post by geling »

Hi, SLV, do you know this year's final cutting off marks for Tiffin boys?
Is it 223 ? thanks for your help.

Redards,
Geling
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

geling wrote:Hi, SLV, do you know this year's final cutting off marks for Tiffin boys?
I know nothing. We're not up for Tiffin Boys until Dec 2009. I'm having a year off.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
geling

Post by geling »

Oh, that's fine. Thanks for your reply anyway.
Regards,
Geling
JASMINE

Post by JASMINE »

Hi Geling,

Sorry to be thick but what do you mean by final cutting off marks?
Tamilbuck2

Post by Tamilbuck2 »

my son tell me today that over 2000 apply for 140 place.

he tell me he gets day off on test day as there will be 2 sittings for test so no time for teaching.

teachers should be forced to do test on saturday. my boy need teaching in week.
geling

Post by geling »

Hi, Jasmine: the grammar schools often gave the offers to a few boys on the waiting list whose score was lower than the "Original cut -off mark" because some of the boys who got the offer declined for vaious reasons.
So, every year there is a "final cut- off mark".

Regards
JASMINE

Post by JASMINE »

Hi Geling,

Thanks for your reply.

I am shocked at the number of applications received. :shock: Its alot more than Wallington Grammar.
Does that mean you have to get every question right for the two papers in order to be successful ?