Good luck Wallington boys exam!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
surreymum

Good luck Wallington boys exam!

Post by surreymum »

Good luck to everyone sitting the exam tomorrow. Let us know how it goes
:D
FedUpDad

Post by FedUpDad »

Yes, Good Luck.
melinda

Post by melinda »

Good luck with parking too - much worse than taking the exam!! :D
JASMINE

Post by JASMINE »

Thanks surreymum,melinda and fedupdad,

Got hubby to drop us off in the morning and thank goodness he did. It was chocca block. Ds said it was all work that he done so far nothing new and found it okay. The time was a problem for him I think, he knew pretty much everything but left a few questions because he had run out of time.

The only thing that worries me is that how many careless mistakes did he make. (He doesn't check his work)

I really hope he does well.

Fedupdad, you changed your name yet, and is your ds enjoying his new school?
FedUpDad

Post by FedUpDad »

Hi Jasmine,

Can't quite bring myself to change the name yet. Son is settling in although I have to say he went through a few days not looking forward to going to school. He was actually worried about travelling on his own and not being able to cope with the amount of homework. Which is rather a lot.

Would like to know how the boys at the other grammar schools are finding it.

How's the preparation going for the next exam?
JASMINE

Post by JASMINE »

Hi Fedupdad,

Preparation for the next exam is zero at the moment, ds feels like relaxing at the moment and I am quite anxious about the time ticking on.

I know quite a few boys who feel exactly the same as yours. Its alot to grasp and the homework from what I have heard is full on.
I do know someone from our school who is actually doing the homework for her son because he can't cope with the homework everynight.

I really think they are not prepared enough in year 5/6 and it is a big step for them, especially travelling by themselves. I am certainly not looking forward to it with mine, he seems too niave to be travelling alone.
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I think the travelling is one of the things that is most worrying for the parents at first, and actually in most cases is one of the things that the children adapt to quite quickly. My experience is that they thrive on the independence and enjoy the opportunity to be out of school with their mates!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now