Nonsuch on Saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

huntlie

Nonsuch on Saturday

Post by huntlie »

Any views on the Nonsuch test on Saturday? My granddaughter said the maths was much easier than expected but the VR was hard to finish - she had to dash through the last ten.
anya

Post by anya »

my daughter sat the test at Wallington on Saturday. She also found the maths more difficult than the vr. She guessed the last four questions as she didnt have time to finish. Glad its over.
vrm

Post by vrm »

The verdict of my daughter and her friends was that maths was easy, but VR was tricky.
kk dad

Post by kk dad »

my daughter sat the wallington test on saturday and cme out really quite despondent.

She found the VR tough and missed 5 questions out due to lack of time. She also missed 4 questions out on the Maths paper but is pretty confident whith those that she answered.

She perked up a little later in the day when she phoned a few friends who all had similar stories to her.

Overall, the feed back was theat the VR was tough and the maths was the easier of the two although not a gimme.

Not much we can do now except keep our fingers crossed. Not really competing for a top 50 place as we live in the catchment area, but even so don't know how many applied who do live in the borough.

Only thing I noticed on the day was that there were alot of applicants who are not in the borough and therefore going for that top 50 place - does anyone what score is needed for a top 50 place?
huntlie

Post by huntlie »

There were 811 sitting at Nonsuch on Saturday. I don't know how many at Wallington, but in past years it has been as high as 1200. I think to get a top 50 place they would need to be at about 375, and to get in, they need to be at about 344 (pass mark is 326, but around 400 get above that each year!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The numbers for Wallington were quoted here. The link is very slow to load though!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/ed ... runch.html

Sally-Anne
kk dad

Post by kk dad »

Many thanks for your replies.

Do you know how the scoring is structured? I'm struggling to understand or find any information about how the VR and Maths is converted into a standardised score of say 340.
Parent1965

Pass Mark for Nonsuch

Post by Parent1965 »

Does anyone have any idea now the marks have been published what mark was needed to get in the top 50 at nonsuch?
kk dad

Post by kk dad »

I think the cut off market at the moment (based on offers) for the top 50 is 372.
Parent1965

kk dad

Post by Parent1965 »

We live close to the catchment and our daughter has 372 with Nonsuch as a first preference and has not got in. Do you know of anyone that has got in the top 50 with this or a similar mark?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now